Senior Employment Practices Partner
We are seeking a highly motivated, team-player to join our dynamic team as a Senior Employment Practices Partner. In this role, you will leverage your strong communication skills and in-depth employment law experience to partner with specific client groups and help professionally manage all employee relations issues.
In this capacity, you will proactively develop the capability of leaders and employees to create a respectful workplace that is highly ethical and consistent with AstraZeneca’s stated values. Additionally, you will lead employee engagement activities to sense “the pulse” of the organization and proactively develop strategies to influence positive change, creating a motivating work environment.
- Advise and coach leadership regarding complex and sensitive employee relations matters.
- Provide guidance and training to leadership on how to manage performance and misconduct issues through early intervention and appropriate corrective action.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with HR stakeholders, such as Comp and Benefits, Legal, Corporate Health Services, and HRIS to identify opportunities to enhance existing policies and procedures, while maintaining best practices.
- Collaborate with Legal Counsel to effectively manage ER issues and minimize risk and exposure to the business.
- Take the lead in developing and implementing effective employee engagement programs and Analyze data reports to identify problems and solutions.
- Take a leadership role in the strategic direction and development of the Employment Practices Strategy and Action Plans.
- Develop an excellent understanding of the business strategies, objectives and key deliverables.
- Work in partnership with Director, Employment Practices to monitor metrics and performance, identifying problems and solutions.
- Take a lead role in the partnership with Legal on governmental charges, proceedings, and lawsuits involving employment practice issues within assigned clients groups.
- Handle all performance and misconduct issues (investigations, recommendations, and execution).
- Provide direction and support on employee relations issues to ensure consistency in the application of AstraZeneca policies, procedures, and ER best practices.
- Proactively provide support to leadership on a variety of employment practices issues so that the escalation of issues can be avoided or minimized.
- Ensure the develop and delivery of training programs (Code of Conduct and Creating A Respectful Workplace), to leadership and employees increasing capability to create a respectful workplace that is highly ethical, compliant, and consistent with AZ’s values.
- Enter all ER data for supported client group into the Ethicspoint Database system.
- Lead special projects and teams.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Human Resources or related field.
- Professional experience (8+ years) in the area of Employment Practices and/or employee relations experience. Experience in a multi-location company is a plus.
- Expert knowledge of HR practices, policies, employment-related laws and compliance requirements.
- Demonstrated proactive and collaborative working style.
- Highly developed consultative, influencing and negotiation skills
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Ability to work proactively and independently with little direction.
- Ability to respond to competing priorities across the organization and manage several projects simultaneously.
- Excellent judgment and decision-making abilities.
- Highly developed organization and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities.
- Demonstrates flexibility, adaptability, and the ability to effectively manage change and transition.
- Advanced degree in HR or related field.
- HR experience in Pharmaceutical.
- Experience influencing management and critical stakeholders.
- Experience managing employee relations in a diverse work environment including an exempt and non-exempt employee population.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.