Senior Director, Talent Acquisition – Oncology R&D & US Hub
Senior Director, Talent Acquisition – Oncology R&D & US Hub
At AstraZeneca, we’re not afraid to do things differently. We’re resetting expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening up new ways to work, pioneering groundbreaking methods and bringing unexpected teams together.
Our Center of Excellence for Talent Acquisition helps to deliver AstraZeneca’s ambitious business strategy through recruiting internal and external talent to meet the needs and demands of the business. We now seek a Talent Acquisition Executive to join us to deliver an extraordinary talent acquisition service across all functions in the US and globally within the Oncology R&D organisation.
We have one of the most envied pipelines in all of Oncology and the Oncology R&D organisation is at the centre of the development of these new medicines. This is a global group represented in 16 countries with the main populations around our R&D hubs in the UK, US and Sweden. This role will partner with the leaders across functions such as Early Oncology, Late Oncology, Biometrics, Precision Medicine and Regulatory Affairs.
In addition, the role will also oversee all Talent Acquisition across the US – taking responsibility for elements such as local legislation, team culture, resource management, supplier relationship management, data quality and reporting.
Reporting to the VP, Talent Acquisition, this role sits on the Global Talent Acquisition Leadership team who are responsible for shaping our enterprise wide strategy for attracting the best talent in the world.
- Single point of contact and strategic advisor to the Executive Vice President of Oncology R&D and their leadership team - Vice Presidents of the Scientific, Research & Clinical Functions, their teams and other associated groups – on all matters related to Talent Acquisition.
- Managing/leading a global team of Talent Acquisition Partners – direct line management of Talent Acquisition Partners in UK & US hubs with dotted line/matrix management of Talent Acquisition Partners in Sweden hub
- Developing and executing proactive Global Talent Acquisition strategies including translating the workforce plan into a recruitment demand forecast (1-3year time horizon) in alignment with the HRBP’s, to meet the current needs of the business area and to build a bench of qualified candidates to meet future anticipated business needs
- Ensuring excellent collaboration and partnership with other members of the Talent Acquisition Leadership team, HR Business Partners, other Centers of Expertise (COEs) and HR Operation and Solutions globally to implement best-in-class programs and processes that align with business requirements
- Building a global network and active Talent Acquisition community across the SET area
- Building key relationships across the business area and operating credibly across the functional leadership team.
- Represent the organisation as the key Oncology scientific conferences i.e. ASCO, ESMO, ASH, AACR
- Lead in the collection & analysis of competitor intelligence including information on competitor R&D pipeline and products affecting the talent market landscape
- Contribute to enterprise wide Talent Acquisition strategies and Global Centre of Expertise standards, frameworks and tools
- Lead one or more global projects to drive efficiency, consistency, quality and innovation across the Global Talent Acquisition team
- Assessing data quality, best practice and standards across the global SET & Hub teams in order to ensure accurate and substantial reporting and data analysis
- Developing and implementing the SET area & Hub Employer Branding plans including social media strategy and events & conference strategy, globally
- Ensuring prioritised validated external pipelines are in place by partnering with Talent Scouts for business critical roles
- Taking personal responsibility for the end-to-end talent acquisition of business critical, Executive hires (VP level and above)
- Exploring & developing new and innovative executive talent acquisition channels based on market insight aligned to specific functional needs
- Minimum Batchelors Degree
- 10+ years experience within Talent Acquisition
- Experience working in a large complex, matrixed global organisation
- Extensive knowledge of the Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Healthcare or Life Science Industry
- Extensive experience of creating and driving a Global Talent Acquisition strategy
- Experience Managing a geographically dispersed team
- Expert knowledge of US Employment Law & associated legislation relating to areas such as cross border employment, immigration, tax and social security principles
- Strong Data & Analytical skills with the ability to produce meaningful insights, KPIs and management information
- Detailed knowledge of employer branding, recruitment marketing & social media strategies
- Experience managing relationships with key suppliers such as an RPO provider
- Networking, gravitas and relationship building capabilities to manage senior stakeholder relationships
- Collaborative with excellent persuasion & influencing skills
- Extensive experience in Project Management
- Experience in preparing business cases and in managing a budget
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Advanced degree in a scientific subject
- Extensive knowledge of the Oncology R&D Sector and global talent landscape
Join AstraZeneca and help us deliver life changing medicines. Be among our employees who continue to make us an innovation-driven company that stands firmly among the leaders in biopharmaceuticals.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.