Project Physician - Respiratory
Location: Gaithersburg (US) or Gothenburg (Sweden)
AstraZeneca is a major international healthcare business engaged in the research, development, manufacture and marketing of prescription pharmaceuticals and the supply of healthcare services. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
As a clinical Research Physician you will conduct clinical trials, including the design, monitoring, data interpretation and reporting. An important task is to ensure that all clinical studies operate to the highest ethical and safety standards and in compliance with Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and regulatory requirements. As a Clinical Research Physician you will support the clinical project team and assist the Global Clinical Lead (GCL) with the design & interpretation process, establishing clear design objectives for clinical programs and studies. You will provide medical input into the content of core labelling texts and medical support for commercial activities, as well as the scientific component of the pricing and value strategy. You will also provide medical and scientific expertise as well as tactical and strategic medical input to the development of AstraZeneca’s compounds; primarily from Phase II to Phase IV although certain phase I activities may occasionally be occurring
Global Medicines Development
In the Global Medicines Development function you will be given the opportunity to work in a truly international working environment, with opportunities to meet and discuss with key opinion leaders, other medical colleagues and experts in basic science, as well as commercial and regulatory functions.
Our therapy area aligned groups of physicians and scientists provide clinical guidance and scientific leadership for clinical development programs within AstraZeneca's global organization.
The successful candidate will work in a wide range of aspects in pharmaceutical medicine, and due to the global responsibilities there will be a multitude of contacts with health authorities, colleagues and marketing companies within AstraZeneca. This is an opportunity to take on the challenges of clinical development in a group of positive, focused and highly motivated colleagues.
AstraZeneca has a long pedigree in the respiratory field with globally successful products such as Symbicort. It currently has a rich portfolio of early stage development programmes against a range of targets in asthma and COPD, offering exciting opportunities for your career in the pharmaceutical industry.
- In this position you will be involved in providing medical and scientific leadership in the global development of new medicines targeted at indications in the field of respiratory disease.
- You will have an important role providing medical and scientific leadership in the innovative design, execution and interpretation of clinical trials in one or more development programmes.
- You will be involved in building strong relationships with a network of external scientific experts and opinion leaders.
- You will work closely with colleagues in other functions including Patient Safety, Regulatory Affairs, and Clinical Operations.
- You will be involved primarily in late stage (Ph2b and later) clinical programmes, but will be expected to collaborate with clinical colleagues supporting early stage programs as well as medical affairs colleagues.
- You will provide expert medical input into the preparation of regulatory documents and interactions with regulatory authorities.
- You will provide expert medical and scientific analysis and interpretation of data from ongoing studies and in the literature.
- You will participate in the preparation of publications and presentations at scientific meetings and congresses.
Minimum Requirements –Education and Experience
- You are a fully qualified physician (MD or MD PhD) with pharma industry experience in late stage clinical drug development. Respiratory background is desirable
- You have significant experience in the design, execution and interpretation of clinical trials in the respiratory area, particularly in Respiratory clinical development
- You have good teamwork and collaboration skills
- You have good verbal and written communication skills in English
- You are able to travel nationally and internationally
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.