Procurement Manager - Software
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing.
The Procurement Manager - Software oversees a team of supply and Procurement specialists who take responsibility for supplier relationship management. The role involves handling complex management issues, providing guidance to more junior staff on sourcing related issues. The role ensures all sourcing arrangements are successful and aligned to company and area strategy and manages supplier relationships at a strategic level. Otherwise, may be responsible for strategic planning, relationship management and reviews of existing supplier arrangements for an entire spend category for a region or the entire business.
- Overseeing implementation of market/ category plan to ensure that the underpinning process improvement and procurement activities deliver the expected business value in accordance with the strategic plans
- Supporting Director/ Associate Director in the development of long-term strategic plans for agreed scope of spend area
- Supporting strategic relationship management (customer and supplier) - ensuring that Market & Category Strategies are highly aligned to current and future Business need and that the supply base can support these strategies.
- Working with Director/ Associate Director(s) to ensure a fully integrated and customer-aligned AZ-wide category plan
- Working alongside Global Procurement Services (GPS), our Procurement team based in Warsaw who support each of the AZ Functional Procurement teams, in advising on and driving procurement strategies to make decisions necessary to purchase products and services in congruence with organisational objectives
- Coordinating the introduction of new and modified products and services with appropriate departments
- Analysing and resolving issues raised in procurement audit reports
- Advising on contracts and agreements for the supply of complex products and services with new and existing suppliers
- Developing, evaluating or managing internal and external relationships with suppliers and other cross-functional teams
Required Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent qualifications required
- 5 plus years experience
- Experience in similar environment at a management level
- Sound understanding of Safety, Health and Environment
- Project management, change management and people management skills
- Good working knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry
- Significant experience in at least one IT Procurement area, and competence in several others
- Comfort with risk and ambiguous situations
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.