Pilot Production Technician III - BPD
As a pilot production associate in the Clinical production team within Biopharmaceutical Development, you’ll build broad knowledge of bioprocessing in a cGMP environment to launch your career in the biopharmaceutical industry. In this role you will take an adaptable, science driven approach to everything you do. You will become an integral part of process development, accelerating product candidates into the clinic and gaining knowledge and experience in cell culture, purification and critical support activities. Under the supervision of highly trained personnel, you will gain the process knowledge and skillsets to perform large scale clinical development activities through hands-on training. You will join a collaborative and driven team in a world class biopharmaceutical company that is driving disruptive innovation in the industry.
Bachelors degree and 4+ years experience OR Associates degree and 5-6 years experience OR high school diploma and 9+ years experience.
• Operates production equipment such as bioreactors, centrifuges, filtration devices, chromatography equipment, washers, autoclaves, tanks.
• Weighs and checks raw materials, assembles and cleans process equipment, monitors processes
• Performs SIP, CIP and manual cleaning and sanitization of equipment
• Demonstrates aseptic technique. Completes production records
• Maintains clean room environment to comply with regulatory requirements
• Ensures a safe work environment in accordance with Medimmune’s standards
• Basic understanding of cGMP documentation standards for SOP’s MPR and SPR’s
• Adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices and standard operating procedures.
• Regularly works on routine manufacturing assignments
• Learning and executing basic troubleshooting techniques on equipment and process
• Works under direct supervision
• Receives instructions, as needed, on routine work and more detailed instructions on new assignments
• Interacts regularly with co-workers, senior personnel and supervisor in dynamic and team environment.
GPF North Principal Duties:
• Operate in a cGMP setting to execute inoculum expansion processes utilizing aseptic technique.
• Set up and operate disposable RM tabletop bioreactors and single use production bioreactors up to 3 x 200L scale.
• Perform purification activities to include column packing, column chromatography, TFF, and bulk fill processes.
• Preparation and filtration of production scale buffer solutions, media solutions, and weigh and check raw materials.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.