Oncology Training, Senior Manager, GI
The Oncology therapy area at AstraZeneca is unparalleled. We have created and strategically acquired one of the most promising Oncology pipelines in the industry. You will be among inspiring oncology industry leaders who will keep you engaged and empower you to be the best. We seek out opportunities to do varied meaningful work which means we won't just follow the same course of action time and again if we can see potential in a different way of creating life changing medicine.
Our vision to tackle cancer is bold - we commit to pushing the boundaries of science to change the practice of medicine, transforming the lives of patients living with cancer, and ultimately eliminating cancer as a cause of death. We, at AstraZeneca, have reinvented ourselves and developed a unique, differentiated strategy to fundamentally shift the way cancer is treated.
Our chemical and biological research engines are amazingly productive. Our development agility and speed are record-setting. Our commercial growth is phenomenal. Our opportunities are endless. And our commitment for patients is boundless.
Our success would not be possible without the incredible team of professionals who work tirelessly to make it happen. Our diversity is our greatest strength. With teams made up of talented people from all walks of life – academia, industry, researchers, physicians, patients, etc. – we are able to harness their unique perspectives to think and act differently.
We enjoy the facilities of a large organization, like unparalleled research capabilities, state of the art technology spanning small molecules to biologics, and a footprint in every region in the world. However, our culture is that of a small venture. We have even created the Oncology Business Unit (OBU), focused on eight key markets, to ensure rapid decision making, laser-focused investments, and quick sharing of best practices. Thus, we keep the agility, and risk-taking culture than enable to lead the fast-moving oncology market.
No matter where our teams are based, we share a collective sense of urgency - to defeat cancer and improve the lives of cancer patients. Each and every one of us firmly believes that by delivering earlier stage interventions that have curative possibilities, and by championing the development of precision medicines, based on a deep expertise of biological pathways and target biomarkers, we can redefine cancer treatment and, one day, eliminate cancer as a cause of death.
The Oncology Training, Senior Manager, GI designs and delivers learning and development experiences that prepare US Commercial personnel to effectively communicate the GI Oncology Franchise and Brand messages with training solutions to the field. The Senior Training Manager will be utilized as the subject matter authority regarding the product training, selling skills, and launch training space, by coordinating and handling vendors assigned to develop training content. The incumbent will work within a global, cross collaborative environment and will be responsible for understanding the training needs of the Sales Force, Brand team, and will identify and implement approved training solutions. Success factors for this role include cultural and operational flexibility of training content for use across oncology business units.
Crucial responsibilities of the role will include:
- Anticipates opportunities based on market trends, customer needs, and AZ aligned opportunities
- Models how to stay current with clinical acuity and trends in the marketplace
- Regarded as therapeutic specialist, proactively helping peers to continually build and deliver on that Clinical Acuity
- Leading without authority; collaborates with key partners and is a leading contributor to crafting and influencing decisions and strategy
- Takes calculated risks to promote innovation in training
- Takes on above and beyond projects to serve as a peer leader and home office collaborator to contribute to positive solutions
- Proactively finds ways to bring members across Oncology Training and Development (OTD) together to find ways to streamline and standard methodology sharing to elevate practices and thinking
- Consistently applies continuous development processes for both home study and new hire training
- Stand out front of the room leader of training curriculum at national and/or launch meetings
- Proactively identifies market influences and incorporates into learning and development solutions, using market specialists as needed
- Bachelors degree in a related field or equivalent
- 7+ years of Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Oncology Experience required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with direct experience and subject matter expertise in the TA/function applying for (i.e. GI/Liver, Womens Cancer, Hematology, etc.)
- Minimum of at least 2 accumulated years of a training or training related or key account management experience
Multiple examples demonstrated in the behavioral interview indicating:
- Communication Skills
- Leading without Authority
- Strategic Thinking
- GI/liver specific clinical acuity
- Advanced degree in a related field or equivalent
- Thorough understanding of market dynamic within the GI/Liver market landscape
- Ability to optimally lead in a cross-functional environment, providing direction and guidance to team members with varied and complementary responsibilities
- Knowledge of instructional systems design
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on nondiscrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en#oncology
AstraZeneca has taken critical steps to protecting colleagues, loved ones, and patients from COVID-19 and its variants. COVID-19 vaccination is required for all US employees, and weekly PCR COVID-19 testing is required for those who are unvaccinated or have an approved accommodation.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on the grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.