Oncology Commercial Leadership Associate
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life-changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. At AstraZeneca, every employee makes a difference to patient lives every day. Each one of us believes that science has the ability to change lives. and to deliver this it takes people with many diverse skillsets. When we deliver a life-changing medicine, that success comes from the combined efforts of all of our people.
The Oncology Commercial Leadership Associate contributes to the development and execution of commercial operations to maximize the value of AstraZeneca's portfolio pipeline. The program includes building critical acumen by working across multiple Commercial Oncology Functions including Sales, Marketing, Market Access, Commercial Operations, and Insights & Analytics.
We are hiring talented and dynamic individuals to strengthen our future global leadership pipeline. Program participants will embark on a three-year rotational program that combines hands-on experience with unparalleled networking opportunities designed to accelerate career development. Each program participant will rotate through 2-3 different commercial functions, in order to build broad commercial acumen and perspective. Where available, program participants will also gain global experience by participating in a short term international assignment, as part of their rotations. The program is initially based at our Oncology Business Global Headquarters in Gaithersburg, MD (Washington, DC Metro Area).
- Experience or aspiration to work in the Pharmaceutical Oncology industry
- Understanding of market access landscape and experience with secondary analysis
- Experience in managed markets internal and external information sources including sales data reporting analysis and customer targeting strategies/method
- Analytical skills including problem solving, forecasting, contract development and financial modeling
- MBA Graduation dates: May-June 2021, pursuing a career in Healthcare Management
- Demonstrated academic achievement
- Work experience prior to pursuing MBA
- Commitment to relocate globally
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Outstanding work ethic
- Learning Agility/Leadership Potential
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.