Oncology Biometrics Portfolio & Resource Management Lead
- The Portfolio and Resource Management Lead supports the Oncology Biometrics (OBM) group in the design and operations of effective capacity management strategy and leads the processes to generate data needed for quality decision making. This role will be responsible for capacity analysis and reporting to support excellence in delivery, improve decision making and drive critical business processes. This involves implementing innovative solutions and developing a streamlined approach for OBM capacity management processes. The role will work closely with OBM leaders and GPPM groups. The role will report to the Director, Business Planning & Operations of the Oncology Biometrics Organization
- Lead strategic resource planning and management across OBM. Partner directly with OBM Leaders to understand demand/capacity across OBM.
- Oversee portfolio of commitments and lead effective capacity management, planning and controls
- Liaise with critical stakeholders across to drive excellence and continuous improvement in resource & portfolio management planning and methodology
- Develop and manage both OBM internal and external tools/processes that provides information on demand/capacity and drive improved management of resources required to support the portfolio.
- Develop a streamlined process to accurately track and reconcile demand/capacity across all systems to include PLANISWARE, MyTime, Capaciter and WorkDay. Support reporting, training and reconciliation processes.
- Pro-actively identify emerging capacity and resource issues, highlight potential gaps in organizational capacity and propose potential solutions
- Working with the functions develop/improve resource forecasting algorithms and ensure that they accurately predict OBM demand.
- Partner with BPO office, Procurement, Finance and HR partners to ensure alignment of portfolio planning, sourcing strategy, resource management and risk management activities
- Partner with finance to drive functional compliance to agreed resource targets, support creation of resource budgets, drive LRP and quarterly resource forecasts
- Drive & monitor MyTime timecard compliance and manage processes to facilitate correct use of timecard codes.
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Leadership skills, including the ability to solve problems and develop multiple options/recommendations
- Ability to act independently, decisively & manage complex processes
- Extensive networking skills, ability to interact widely and effectively across global & functional boundaries, both internally & externally
- Proven ability to work cross functionally with multiple customers and on multiple projects simultaneously
- Expertise in portfolio and resource management
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communications skills
- Proven track record of delivering tasks in a timely manner
- Problem solving attitude with a focus on delivery
- Ability to build strong relationships, influence decisions & build teams
- Master’s degree, such as an MBA
- Strong Experience in the Pharmaceutical industry or equivalent
- Advanced skills in Capaciter and PLANISWARE
- Experience working with senior leaders, strong influencing & interpersonal skills
- Proven project leadership/project management experience within a pharmaceutical environment
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.