OBU Procurement - Specialist - Medical Communications & Public Relations
Will work with the relevant Director/ Associate Director to manage a spend category or part of a market across a country, region or the whole of AstraZeneca (may be single or multiple SET areas). Helps develop long term strategic plans for the entire spend area within AstraZeneca or Region. Works closely with customers and suppliers to ensure that Category Strategies are highly aligned to current and future Business needs and that the supply base is capable of supporting these strategies. Manages the implementation of category plan to ensure that the underpinning process improvement and procurement activities deliver the expected business value in accordance with the strategic plans.
- Oversees the implementation of category or subcategory plan
- Ensures that the underpinning process improvement and procurement activities deliver the expected business value in accordance with the strategic plans
- Supports the regional or global Associate Director /Manager in the development of long term strategic plans for agreed scope of spend area
- Supports the regional or global Associate Director /Manager in strategic relationship management, particularly of customers and suppliers, to ensure that category strategies are highly aligned to current and future business need and that the supply base is capable of supporting these strategies
- Works alongside OGPS in advising on and driving procurement strategies to make decisions necessary to purchase products and services in congruence with organisational objectives
- Analyses and resolves issues raised in procurement audit reports
- Advises on contracts and agreements for the supply of products and services with new and existing suppliers
- Develops, evaluates or manages internal and external relationships with suppliers and other cross-functional teams
- Degree level or equivalent
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Project management
- Understanding of multiple aspects of procurement process
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.