OBU Procurement - Manager - Media & Advertising
The role sits on the OBU Procurement Category team focused in the OBU reporting to the Director Category Management OBU engaging with the Global Procurement Category Team for the categories under its responsibility and coordinating with the countries Procurement Managers as well as the Business; ensuring strong and collaborative relationships are built and maintained to define the category strategies and lead the category plans execution.
Will have accountability for a spend category or market across a region or the whole of AstraZeneca (may be single or multiple SET areas). Leading both demand and supply side activities. Develops long term strategic plans for the entire spend area within AstraZeneca or Region. Manages customer and supplier relationships to ensure that Category Strategies are highly aligned to current and future Business needs and that the supply base is capable of supporting these strategies. Oversees implementation of category plan to ensure that the underpinning process improvement and procurement activities deliver the expected business value in accordance with the strategic plans.
- Oversees implementation of market/ category plan to ensure that the underpinning process improvement and procurement activities deliver the expected business value in accordance with the strategic plans
- Supports Director/ Associate Director in the development of long term strategic plans for agreed scope of spend area
- Supports the Director/ Associate Director in strategic relationship management (customer and supplier) - to ensure that Market & Category Strategies are highly aligned to current and future Business need and that the supply base is capable of supporting these strategies.
- Works with relevant Director/ Associate Director(s) to ensure a fully integrated and customer-aligned AZ-wide category plan
- Works alongside OGPS in advising on and driving procurement strategies to make decisions necessary to purchase products and services in congruence with organisational objectives
- Coordinates the introduction of new and modified products and services with appropriate departments
- Analyses and resolves issues raised in procurement audit reports
- Advises on contracts and agreements for the supply of complex products and services with new and existing suppliers
- Develops, evaluates or manages internal and external relationships with suppliers and other cross-functional teams
- Degree level or equivalent qualifications
- Significant experience in similar environment at a management level
- Sound understanding of Safety, Health and Environment
- Project management, change management and people management skills
- Good working knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry
- Technical expertise in at least one Procurement area, and competence in several others
- Communication skills and ability to influence others
- Comfort with risk and ambiguous situations
- Extensive experience in line management, technical support and project management
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.