National Oncology Strategy Lead
National Account Strategy Lead, Oncology
National Account Strategy Lead, Oncology
works with identified oncology accounts’ executive leadership and director-level leadership (e.g. pharmacy, medical, quality) to advance AstraZeneca business priorities including but not limited to new product/indication introduction and launch, portfolio and product value proposition communication, provider institution formulary product access achievement, appropriate oncology pathway design, and GPO contract pull-through. NOADs leads AstraZeneca cross-functional customer-facing team development of account-level strategies consistent with mutual business objectives in priority accounts and closely collaborates with these teams to ensure effective plan implementation.
The Oncology National Strategy Lead Role
This is an integral member of the NOAD leadership team and is responsible for maximizing the NOAD team’s operational effectiveness both across AstraZeneca and with target customers. As the Oncology National Strategy Lead in Gaithersburg, MD you’ll play a pivotal role in focusing AZ’s advanced cross-functional customer engagement capabilities to make a positive impact on patients’ lives.
This position will report directly into the Head of Oncology Access Strategy and will work in close partnership with the NOAD Team, the Oncology Access Strategy team, as well as OBU HQ and field-facing cross-functional business partners.
- Enable strategy development & alignment with OAS & other functional groups, above brand marketing to support NOAD/ADORAs, Organizational efficiencies & special projects
- Lead, manage and contribute to all key aspects of the NOAD Team’s strategic and operational planning
- Co-manage prioritized strategic projects as needed in collaboration with the NOADs as determined by the NOAD Leadership Team, ensuring that key milestones are met, core deliverables are created/updated and that output from the projects inform further planning and Access Strategy Above-Brand annual planning
- Act as internal lead to manage special projects such as OneKAM, Advisory boards in addition to supporting NOADs with account & regional projects that are more complex in scope requiring CFT HQ support.
- Act as above brand marketing lead & development for OAS to support strategic accounts & customer needs
- Liaison and point of contact for resources available across OBU – currently gap in visibility resulting in missed opportunities, potential duplication and no alignment of resources. Enable line of site across the organization on resources.
- Ensure the sharing of best practices and new customer insights to advance the team's thinking relative to opportunities and challenges
- Ensure alignment of state societies & customer organizations under above brand marketing lead
- Support Head, OAS in developing OAS agendas and managing actions. Support activities where external vendor has been used (i.e. TAG) to support OAS strategy and marketing efforts
- Enable identification of cross‐portfolio issues and opportunities
- Champion adoption and drive integration of 'new practices' into team's activity
- Managing the NOAD Leadership Team agendas and managing action lists arising from those meetings
- Develop senior leadership presentations as needed
- Lead NOAD and Access Strategy budget and resource planning
- Lead/manage special projects as needed
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.