Medical Evidence Generation Lead
Join our globally-renowned Oncology area, which is leading the rapid business growth of our enterprise and ever-evolving industry. It’s an exciting time to join as we work towards our big ambitions with entrepreneurial thinking and innovation. It’s up to us to find solutions and act fast to make them happen.
Join a cross-functional team, working together and sharing knowledge across teams, roles and levels. We work seamlessly and inclusively to truly leverage the diversity of our skills and go further together. Now hiring for a Medical Evidence GenerationLead(MEGL)to sit on-site in our North American Headquarters in Gaithersburg, MD. The AZ Oncology clinical program is core to our mission of improving the lives and outcome of cancer patients.
Medical Evidence Generation Lead is responsible for expertise in our clinical trials program and, working cross-matrix, leading, developing and implementing launch strategies and frameworks. This role will report directly to the Head of the Center for Innovation and Medical Excellence. The MEGL will be a key member of a focused strategic team driving excellence across USMA.You will collaborate with subject matter experts from, other medical network colleagues including Medical Excellence,Research and Development, Global Launch Excellence, Field Medical and Franchises.
- Coordinate with research and development, clinical operations and franchise heads to have complete mastery over the AstraZeneca Oncology pipeline
- Work with Medical Heads/Leads to lead USMA efforts to consolidate, understand, build and maintain a complete portfolio of the ESR studies, study sites and objectives
- Create cross-functional interactions between field and HQ to ensure trial strategy compliance
- Develop and maintain clinical trial database and management reporting
- Work cross-functionally to help identify gaps in clinical trial programs and help to strategize ways USMA can help keep our clinical programs on track
- Lead Field Medical teams to mitigate performance challenges of clinical trials
- Work cross-functionally with Medical Leads and Medical Heads to identify gaps in clinical data
- Research, curate and recommend, in concert with Data and Insights, RWE and third party data sources for clinical programs to be used by franchises to address clinical gaps
- Serve as a point person with Content, Training and Medical Heads/Leads to incorporate scientific narrative for clinical trials into launch preparedness
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to all AZ internal and external compliance regulations - maintains a good working knowledge of company standards on medicines promotion and supports the Nominated Signatories in ensuring product related materials and activities for external audiences comply with these standards
- Bachelor’s degreein a scientific discipline (Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Nursing, etc.)
- 4+ years of clinical trial and clinical data interpretation experience
- 2+ years Oncology therapeutic area experience (academic research, clinical or pharma/biotech setting),
- Effective matrix leadership experience
- Experience in Evidence generation planning and clinical trial design
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Collaborative/matrix management skills with a focus on leading diverse groups (e.g., cultural, geographical, functional) to achieve excellent results in shared goals
- Strong communication skills with the ability to distil complexity down to what matters to our stakeholders
- Documented prior Project Management skills
- Strong business acumen
- Advanced degree (Master’s or higher) in Life Sciences preferred
- Experience of Medical Affairs function within a pharmaceutical industry
- Experience working in US market
- At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering innovative methods, and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
- Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you!
Our Gaithersburg, Maryland facility crafts life-changing medicines for people around the world. This campus employs more than 3,500 specialists in our field and is only a short drive from Washington, DC. This modern and vibrant scientific campus is the home of R&D and Oncology in the US. Here, we play host to some of the most groundbreaking technology and lab spaces, all designed to encourage collaboration and cross-functional science. We believe employees benefit from being challenged and inspired at work. We are dedicated to fostering a culture of inclusion and collaboration.
The Gaithersburg site offers various amenities to help boost efficiency and help keep our employees happy and healthy. This includes a fitness center, employee healthcare clinic, electric vehicle charging stations, dry cleaning, a full-service cafeteria, and a copy center. This is where you’ll find newly-designed, activity-based workspaces to suit a variety of working styles while strengthening collaboration be
Where can I find out more? Our Social Media
Follow AstraZeneca on:
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca has taken critical steps to protect colleagues, loved ones, and patients from COVID-19 and its variants. COVID-19 vaccination is required for all US employees, and weekly PCR COVID-19 testing is required for those who are unvaccinated or have an approved accommodation.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.