HR Advisory Team Lead
Do you have expertise in HR Operations, a passion for employee service, and a drive for perfection? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact over 13,000 employees in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being results-oriented, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
HR Operations is part of the HR Operations & Solutions function that develops, strategically integrates and executes HR operational excellence imperatives at AstraZeneca.
The HR Advisory Team Lead provides effective HR service delivery through the following:
- Responsible for day to day management of the HR Advisory Team, comprising of 9 HR Advisors, ensuring delivery of HR support to the business through phone, email and live chat, acting as a point of escalation for more sophisticated queries or challenging customers.
- Interaction with local stakeholders to assure right level of service is delivered from the team and customers have the right level of expectations
- Prioritizes workload for team members, to achieve personal and work unit targets
- Participates in establishing an understanding of customer requirements to ensure planned activities and services meet needs, and in assessing those services and activities to ensure requirements are fully met
- Ensures team members are highly motivated and identify training needs to enable the right level of competence
- Delivers organizational/simplification processes through continuous improvement
- Ensure service related activities are accurate and in accordance with written procedures and current legal requirements / internal standards.
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years of experience in an HR role OR equivalent experience: 9 years industry experience with High School Diploma
- At least 2 years directing a team
- Experience in an HR service environment and working in a technology driven environment
- Able to work independently and take accountability for the quality of personal outputs and success, as well as of the team
- Able to establish positive relationships throughout HR and with process partners
- High level of customer service skill
- Proficient spoken and written English
- Demonstrable track record to maintain confidential information
Desirable for the role
- Previous experience working in a service desk function
- Experience in using of query ticketing tools / CRM solutions
- Bachelor's in Human Resources
- Experience using Workday and Service Now
- Practical experience providing HR advice via e-mail or phone
Welcome to Gaithersburg, one of over 400 sites here at AstraZeneca, providing a collaborative environment where everyone feels comfortable and able to be themselves is at the core of AstraZeneca’s priorities, it’s meaningful to us that you bring your full self to work every day. To help you maintain your best self, here’s a sneak peek into some of the things this site provides for you…an onsite fitness center, after work events, onsite childcare, modern and open working environment, and best of all – hardworking and engaging peers!
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being results-oriented - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering groundbreaking methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
So, what’s next?!
Are you ready to bring new insights and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available, and we hope it’s yours!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.