Global Procurement Manager- Energy and Utilities
Global Procurement Manager – Energy & Utilities (Sustainability)- Gaithersburg, MD
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
Make an impact on society through our sustainability goals!
Commit to making a difference beyond patients, pioneering AstraZeneca’s sustainability strategy! Have the opportunity to be a key contributor to Zero Carbon by 2025 and carbon negative across the entire value chain by 2030. Everyone can contribute towards our collective legacy of doing good for people, the environment and society.
Through effective stakeholder partnering and outstanding supplier collaboration we are delivering innovative solutions to our industry-leading environmental commitments.
The Global Procurement Manager will have accountability for a spend category across the globe. You will develop long term strategic plans for the entire spend area within AstraZeneca or your Region from the development of the strategy, through cost management and supplier management / development strategies.
You'll run partner and supplier relationships to ensure that your Category Strategies are aligned to current and future Business needs and that the supply base is continually assessed and developed to meet changing business demands.
Our Energy and Utilities team are supporting a wide range of sustainability activities from the creation of new partnerships for Clean Gas, introduction of PPA’s and forestry development in addition to the more usual category accountabilities.
What you'll do:
- Develop strategic category plans
- Advise on and drive procurement strategies
- Coordinate the implementation of the category plan to ensure that the procurement activities deliver the expected business value
- Handle strategic relationships (partner and supplier) to ensure that Category Strategies are aligned to current and future Business need
- Advise on contracts, agreements and sourcing strategies for the supply of complex products and services with new and existing suppliers
- Develop, evaluate, and handle internal and external relationships with suppliers and other cross-functional teams
- Propose and implement improvements & innovations within the assigned spend area
Essential skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in a similar environment at a management level
- Excellent written and communication skills with the ability to influence others at different levels of organization
- Procurement experience in leading global or regional categories of spend and category strategy creation and implementation on many markets
- Significant experience in international and matrix environment
- Change management - ability to undertake projects or initiatives to improve performance, seize opportunities or address key challenges
- Supplier Management experience
- Strong analytical and financial skills
- Comfort with risk and ambiguous situations
- Excellent English communications skills (verbal and written)
Other Role Requirements
According to the company policies, the candidate must confirm that there are no situations that generate a conflict of interest (COI) for the company. The non-existence of COI is considered as an objective requirement of the position. To know beforehand the weightings of COI contained in the policies of the company, consult the Human Resources Department.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or parental leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, groundbreaking cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
Find out more on Social Media:
About Operations https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gak5Ham8oUw
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.