Forecasting Leader, Oncology
Do you have expertise in, and passion for Insights and Analytics in Oncology? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the Forecasting Leader, Oncology role in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
AstraZeneca’s vision in Oncology is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm, with the aim of bringing six new cancer medicines to patients between 2013 and 2020. A broad pipeline of next-generation medicines is focused principally on four disease areas - breast, ovarian, lung and hematological cancers. As well as other tumor types, these are being targeted through five key platforms - immunotherapy, the genetic drivers of cancer and resistance, DNA damage repair, HER2 and antibody drug conjugates, underpinned by personalized healthcare and biomarker technologies.
Our Gaithersburg, Maryland facility crafts life-changing medicines for people around the world. This campus employs more than 3,500 specialists in our field and is only a short drive from Washington, DC. This modern and vibrant scientific campus is the home of R&D and Oncology in the US. Here, we play host to some of the most ground breaking technology and lab spaces, all designed to encourage collaboration and cross-functional science. We believe employees benefit from being challenged and inspired at work. We are dedicated to fostering a culture of inclusion and collaboration.
The Gaithersburg site offers various amenities to help boost efficiency and help keep our employees happy and healthy. This includes a fitness center, employee healthcare clinic, electric vehicle charging stations, dry cleaning, full-service cafeteria and copy center. This is where you’ll find newly-designed, activity-based work spaces to suit a variety of working styles while strengthening collaboration between teams.
The Forecasting Leader Oncology will develop product-specific short-term and long-term forecasts models (incremental and absolute) and maintain up-to-date forecast models, reflecting current data/information/assumptions, lead the forecasting and business planning processes and all associated work streams (sales bridges, ad hocs supporting Finance, etc.), Identify key business issues that impact short-term and long-range product and market forecasts; clearly and pro-actively surface these issues, incorporate the results of primary research into the forecast model(s) to reflect anticipated risks and opportunities on sales outlook, and define forecasting processes and build capabilities in forecasting for inline and late stage assets. In addition, you will develop forecasts across multiple therapeutic areas using patient flow forecast models, patient based forecast models, and statistical trending and ensure alignment on forecast assumptions and other critical analytical assessments with business partners including Marketing, Sales, Managed Markets, Market Research, Global Marketing and Insight, Finance, and Sales Operations.
- Quantitative Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is required in one of the following or related fields: Engineering, Operations Research, Management Science, Economics, Statistics, Applied Math, Computer Science or Data Science
- Combination of at least five years of experience in pharmaceutical forecasting, product management, market research, or secondary data analysis
- Leadership and interpersonal skills required; demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a significant number of business leaders and cross-functional business partners preferred
- Experienced and skilled in building forecast models, operating plan and managing assumption evaluation to optimize business outputs and drive business decisions models for marketed and/or pre-launch pharmaceutical products, requiring only a minimal level of supervision
- Excellent Excel skills with advanced skill in SAS or other statistical programming preferred
- MBA or Master's degree preferred in Business Administration, Statistics, Science or other relevant discipline
- Broad and deep therapeutic area knowledge, with advanced skill, expertise in Oncology preferred
- Basic understanding of drug development process, regulatory issues and marketing theory; strong grounding in broader business acumen required
- Strategic thinking skills and ability to build credibility and relationships with Commercial Leadership Team
- Strong communication and influencing skills with demonstrated ability to develop and effectively present succinct, compelling reviews of business performance infused with insight and business implications/actions to be considered
- Proficiency in pharmaceutical data sources required; expertise in epidemiology and standard IMS secondary data
- Strong organizational skills and time management; ability to manage diverse range of simultaneous projects
- Occasional travel may be required
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.