Director, In Vivo Pharmacology
At AstraZeneca, we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the utmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
The Director will be a key member of the Tumor Targeted Delivery (TTD) Leadership Team responsible for generating and delivering on all aspects of in-vivo pharmacology! This role will support our TTD portfolio in very close collaboration with Leadership and key cross functional colleagues!
Act as a senior specialist involving in-vivo pharmacology, leading a global group of scientists. You will assign and guide team leads on drug project teams to develop, design, conduct and analyze both in-vivo and in-vitro experiments to assess the function of oncology drugs and dissect the mechanism of action of novel cancer therapeutics. You will ensure that teams are supported and work collaboratively with project leaders. You will be responsible for the timely generation, and dissemination of quality program data, and contribute to scientific publication goals.
- Use expertise to support the development of pharmacology cancer modelling, strategies, and objectives for drug discovery in TTD
- Maintain a high degree of understanding and awareness of internal and external developments in tumor biology, pharmacology, and cancer modelling and share this with team members as appropriate.
- Foster a working environment that promotes collaboration, team-work, and innovative science
- Builds networks with other team leaders and external specialists in area or expertise to ensure AstraZeneca is poised to deliver on both it’s innovative science and drug projects
- Leads a team of scientists passionate about delivering high quality strategies and data packages for projects in exciting and novel platforms such as ADCs, nano-medicine, and cancer virotherapy
- Develops and makes available new knowledge and technology within the Bioscience area, as well as oversee others on scientific and technological aspects.
- Lead all aspects of ground breaking pharmacology practices and provide scientific expertise to support drug project leaders deliver on the next wave of oncology drug delivery
- Ensures that all work within the group is compliant with Good Laboratory Practice, Safety, Health and Environment standards and all other relevant internal and external regulations and standards
- Very strong, and collaborative individual able to encourage the same within the in vivo pharmacology group
- PhD degree in a relevant scientific discipline with strong experience in cancer biology
- Extensive experience in the pharmaceutical industry and the drug discovery process
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in defining and setting strategy and priorities for a large team delivering in vivo data packages for TTD
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.