Director, Global Strategic Marketing, Bladder
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the utmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
The Oncology therapy area at AstraZeneca is unparalleled. We have built and strategically acquired one of the most promising Oncology pipelines in the industry. You will be among inspiring oncology industry leaders who will keep you engaged and empower you to be the best. We seek out opportunities to do dynamic and significant work which means we won't just follow the same course of action time and again if we can see potential in a different way of building life changing medicine.
Global Strategic Marketing Director, Immuno oncology is responsible for providing Strategic Guidance and Leadership for the disease area, global brand team (GBT); and cross-functional teams (Medical, GA&I, Regulatory, Promotion/communications, etc) to ensure successful execution of the commercial strategy, as well as appropriate resources and programs to support global launches.
Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland or Cambridge, UK
- Responsible for the creation and successful execution of a long-term vision and strategy for IO disease area(s).
- Lead the IO disease area(s) - Global Brand Team (GBT).
- Represent and deliver on commercial/marketing strategic vision for the disease area(s) Global Portfolio Team (GPT).
- Partnering and collaborate closely with disease area(s) Global Medicines Lead (GML).
- Holds overall accountability for the successful development of commercial strategies and plans to ensure an optimal balance of revenue, volume, margin and access across the portfolio and geographies.
- Engages regions and key markets to build new capabilities, drive launch readiness and commercial excellence
- As indication leads, represents business concerns to senior executives and governance committees.
- Delivers and executes Phase 3/pre-launch marketing strategy & execution plan while ensuring flawless execution against plan.
- Works with extended team to deliver a sustainable pricing and access strategy for multiple indications
- Responsible for the development and global implementation of brand strategy, brand positioning, launch plans/programmes, forecasts and KPIs for a specific disease area(s)
- Bachelor’s degree required; preferably in business or scientific graduate degree with a business-related post graduate qualification. Post-graduate degree in biological, chemical, or pharmacological sciences is strongly desired.
- Proven years of experience in pharmaceutical industry and at least 5 years’ experience in oncology/immuno-oncology marketing and/or strategy function or life sciences management consulting
- Strategic thinking, judgement and influencing skills, to inform, persuade and lead across regions and markets to ensure strong executional commercial focus and consistency.
- Oversight of commercial strategic input into early product teams, and integration of pipeline assets into Franchise.
- Leadership competencies, to set direction, inspire commitment, balance short and long term needs and constructively resolve issues
- Strong track record of analysis and fact-based decision-making
- Strong business acumen and complex problem-solving skills
- Experience in setting up short- and long-term strategic plans for oncology portfolios
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.