Associate Director, Project Management
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As Associate Director, Project Management you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. North American Commercial is the 'face' of AstraZeneca to our many healthcare clients. They represent many of the most well recognized and respected products in the industry, and build strong relationships with healthcare professionals.
The Associate Director is a key leader of the Access Services implementation team and Project Management Office. The Associate Director will consult with the Access Services leadership team and report directly to the Access Services PMO Director. Day-to-day collaboration will be required with all members of the staff to ensure the department is able to achieve its objectives. In addition, the Associate Director will work closely with stakeholders from across the company to develop alignment around business process and technology projects and implementation. The position will have operational and management responsibilities and will serve as a key spokesperson for Access Services.
Key Roles/ Responsibilities:
• Advance the Agile maturity of Access Services and serve as the Release Train Engineering for Program Increment (PI) Planning (quarterly) at the Access Services level
• Support updates and manage a consolidated, program-level view of all projects and facilitate Program Review Boards to evaluate risks and opportunities to adjust the plan
• Enhance the project management acumen of the PMO to align with existing needs and level of effort and future capability development of our customers; Assist in the advancement of project management competencies, including development of methodologies and frameworks, development and conduct of education/training, completion of quality reviews and coaching/mentoring of others engaged in project management activities.
• Ensure all project time is accounted for and project and team member activities are routinely collected and reported in standard fashion. Estimate resources needed on projects to ensure success.
• Initiate and maintain issues logs, taking responsibility for identifying and coordinating resolution of all technical and business issues.
• Support the establishment of PM governance and lead initiatives as assigned by the Director of the PMO
• Implement and follow Project Management Office standard methodologies, processes and tools, develop and maintain project documentation, work plans and project deliverables. Guide others in the methodology and use of and tools.
• Manage and motivate project teams, plan work assignments and schedules and ensure deliverables are completed on time and within budget. Guide and monitor work performance.
• Support the management of change across Access Services with overall responsibility for project success including numerous mid to smaller projects based on business unit priority.
Ensure effective communication:
o Establish and maintain effective communications with team members, stakeholders, senior management and contacts.
o Communicate project status to identified stakeholders through routine status reports and meetings.
o Work with project sponsor(s) and the team to establish project performance goals, metrics and baselines.
o Where appropriate, coordinate vendor activities to ensure project success.
o Provide on-going developmental feedback to PMs, Business Analysts as appropriate
• Project management/IT implementation experience
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Healthcare Management or 5+ years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's Degree
• Must possess in depth experience in the deployment and maintenance of CRM solution
• Demonstrated capability to manage projects in each stage of life cycle; and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Experience managing contact center implementation projects.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills to provide clear messages to all levels within AstraZeneca.
Demonstrated analysis and problem-solving skills using innovative thinking.
• Experience with standard project management tools, methodologies and frameworks.
• JIRA or similar Change Management tool experience required
• Broad working knowledge and experience with healthcare applications and technology
• Demonstrated experience in facilitating mid-size groups
• 10 yrs or more IT Project Management or Systems Engineering Experience
• Master’s Degree
• Understanding of various software development methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) methodology
• SAFe / Agile 4 Certification
• Program Management Experience
• Lean Six Sigma Certification
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.