Associate Director, Medical Communications - US Oncology
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
The Associate Director of US Oncology Medical Communications is part of the US Oncology Corporate Affairs team and responsible for developing, planning and executing effective internal and external communications for the US Oncology Medical team. You'll provide strategic counsel, develop communications plans and implement high-impact coordinated communications messages for audiences within the US market and across the AstraZeneca organization.
- Work collaboratively and in cross-functional teams to develop and support comprehensive, integrated communication plans and campaigns with metrics that drive employee engagement and support of business strategies and priorities.
- Responsible for Internal Communications within US Oncology Medical and to other relevant parts of AstraZeneca
- Manage internal communications initiatives that increase employee engagement and align with global strategy and business priorities
- Drive the planning, development and delivery for internal flagship events and programs such as Webinars, Nucleus articles, bite-size videos for Workplace in coordination with Corporate Affairs Internal Communications colleagues
- Advise leadership on sequencing for communication cascades and counsels them on message, approach and style for organizational change communications
- Drive the planning, development and delivery of external communications such as speaking opportunities, media opportunities, social engagement on LinkedIn, etc. in coordination with Corporate Affairs External Communications colleagues
- Develop and manage communications strategies and execution for internal and external communications channels
- Encourage cross-functional collaboration and teamwork and information exchange across the organization
- Ensure all internal communications share a unified, on-brand look and feel that reflect the company’s business priorities and strategy
- Uncover issues proactively, identifies trends and concerns, crafts critical communication plans to shape current thinking
- Ensure that communications are in compliance with regulatory requirements and company policies
- Provide insight on the needs and issues of the audiences to influence results
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in journalism, communication, public relations or related field
- Medical or scientific related communications/writing experience preferred
- 5+ years of experience in public relations, corporate communications function or PR agency
- Ability to set and handle priorities, deadlines, resources, goals, and project initiatives
- Ability to manage agencies/external partnerships
- Solid understanding in the latest in digital and social media technology, and channels
- Use of data & analytics to evaluate campaigns & generate insights, as well as capture ROI
- Ability to understand and interpret scientific and medical data, or demonstrate transferrable skill to learn quickly
- Experience developing and implementing coordinated, multi-channel communication strategies and plans
- Experience interacting and providing counsel to senior leaders as well as cross-functional stakeholders
- Experience managing project teams and third-party vendors
- Understanding and experience of issues management
- First-rate coordination, teamwork, organization and multi-tasking skills
- Experience with sales, marketing and other commercial communications
- Corporate, executive, internal and external communications experience
- Knowledge of the US healthcare system
- Knowledge of the Pharma industry
- Experience in film, edit, and producing short-form video projects for various platforms
- Experience in driving value through impactful storytelling
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us while we continue to build a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we are developing new ways to work, ground breaking methods, and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our team!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.