Global Category Manager - Operations
If you’re inspired by the possibilities of science to change lives and you thrive when making brave decisions – join us.
AstraZeneca is the worldwide biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives every day. As one of the world’s premier biotechnology companies, our mission is centered on delivering life-changing products that advance world health, and help fight and cure disease. As a Global Category Manager you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
We’re constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. We’re pioneering innovative research and exploring novel pathways across key therapeutic areas including oncology, respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, and infection and vaccines. And we’re industry-leading in immunology, protein engineering and translational science. We offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the AstraZeneca family, as together we explore synergies between small and large molecules.
AstraZeneca has a dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and innovation. We attract top minds, and we nurture and build top talent.
Available Locations: Open to considering other AstraZeneca locations.
You will have accountability for a spend category across a region or the whole of AstraZeneca (may be single or multiple SET areas). You will develop long term strategic plans for the entire spend area within AstraZeneca or Region. You will manage customer and supplier relationships to ensure that Category Strategies are highly aligned to current and future Business needs and that the supply base can support these strategies. You will oversee implementation of category plan to ensure that the underpinning process improvement and procurement activities deliver the expected business value in accordance with the strategic plans.
- Develop Category Strategy
- You will oversee implementation of category (sub category) plan to ensure that the underpinning process improvement and procurement activities deliver the expected business value in accordance with the strategic plans
- You will support Global/Regional Category Lead in the development of long-term strategic plans for agreed scope of spend area
- You will support the Global/Regional Category Lead in strategic relationship management of the supplier base - to ensure that Category Strategies are highly aligned to current and future Business need and that the supply base is capable of supporting these strategies.
- You will work with relevant Global/Regional Category Lead(s) to ensure a fully integrated and customer-aligned AZ-wide category plan
- You will advise on and drive procurement strategies to make decisions necessary to purchase products and services in congruence with organizational objectives
- You will drive the preparation of competitive bids, quotations and proposals with pertinent specifications, terms and conditions
- You will coordinate the introduction of new and modified products and services with appropriate departments
- You will analyze and resolve issues raised in procurement audit reports
- You will develop and advise on contracts and agreements for the supply of complex products and services with new and existing suppliers
- You will develop, evaluate or manage internal and external relationships with suppliers, Category Teams and other cross-functional teams
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred science or engineering background
- Relevant work experience, including Procurement experience
- Experience in the manufacturing of Biologics
- Oral and written fluency in Business English
- Supplier Management experience
- Ability to leverage a range of influencing techniques
- Proven ability to manage change
- Strong analytical and financial skills
- 5-7 years of relevant experience.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.