Medical Sales Representative – Calgary
At AstraZeneca, we are united by a common purpose – to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines. This purpose underpins everything we do; our work helps to make hearts healthier, to help people breathe easier, and to help more people survive cancer. Every single day, we make a difference by delivering potentially life-changing medicines to millions of people worldwide and by leading breakthrough science that promises to transform the treatment of disease.
Our purpose is bold and so is our approach. Becoming a more agile and innovative company means building a dynamic, inspiring culture where we celebrate entrepreneurial thinking and act with a sense of urgency. We are courageous, taking risks and learning from both success and failure. We are curious, creative, and open to new ideas and ways of working. Above all, we are passionate about science and driven to always put patients first. Join us and be part of a great place to work; an environment that energizes and empowers each of us to achieve our goal to develop and deliver medicines.
Position Title: Medical Sales Representative - Diabetes
Position Type: Full-time
Career Level: D
Are you motivated to make a difference in your career? Do you enjoy collaborating with colleagues and the broader team? The Medical Sales Representative promotes AstraZeneca’s Diabetes portfolio and develops relationships with primary care providers and retail pharmacies in the Calgary area.
In our position:
- You will build and execute your sales management plan to meet or exceed sales goals for your territory
- You will promote our Diabetes products and educate our valued customers to create positive outcomes for patients
- Your communication style will easily disseminate product information to physicians, pharmacists and hospital influencers and you will uncover unmet needs and we will develop solutions to meet those unmet needs
- You will partner with the sales team, head office-based colleagues and key influencers within your District and Regional Business Unit
- You will share field insights with your team and head office partners to improve how we work and accelerate our market position
- Your previous experience will enable you to analyze, plan and implement activities to drive business success in your territory such as sales events, expense management and investments in continuous education projects
- Your affinity for people will naturally build strong team affiliations and customers ensuring reciprocal working relationships
- You possess a Degree in Science, Business or equivalent
- You have previous sales experience, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry and have preferably completed your CPPE accreditation
- You have knowledge of Diabetes or you can demonstrate the ability to learn this therapeutic area
- You positively impact and influence others and quickly establish credibility while building strong business relationships
- You are well-organized with strong communication and business skills
- You are committed to a developing a cohesive team environment
- You enjoy and are able to travel frequently
- You hold a valid driver's license (a valid driver abstract requested at time of acceptance)
Great People want to Work with us, find out why:
GTAA Top Employer Award for 5 years: https://content.eluta.ca/top-employer-astrazeneca-canada
Best Workplace Culture Award at the 2018 Canadian HR Awards: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/thriving-best-workplace-culture-gena-restivo/
Total Rewards for employees: https://www.astrazeneca.ca/en/working-at-az-canada/Total-Rewards.html
Next steps – Apply today!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.