Enterprise Program Manager
This is what you will do:
The AD, Enterprise Program Manager is responsible for delivering key strategic and cross-functional projects across Alexion Operations (AO) with a particular focus on outcomes and benefits realisation. This role is key to ensuring execution of the Alexion Operations Accelerate to 2030 strategy. You will work closely with key leaders and SMEs across the enterprise as required to lead and facilitate change across the Alexion Operations organization and ensure value creation across the function.
As a key member of the Alexion Operations Operational Excellence Team, they will be committed advocates of our OPEX framework and standards and they will model new ways of working and behaviors, always optimizing the enterprise needs rather than the performance of a single function.
You will be responsible for:
- Provide oversight and program management leadership over multiple projects (based on demand).
- Identify, scope, and drive large-scale and cross-functional projects and initiatives aligned to AO’s business strategy.
- Develop detailed project plans, proactively manage changes in project scope and delivery timelines, and identify and manage project risks/issues to ensure successful execution.
- Develop associated business cases for approvals, with a ruthless focus on value creation and benefits realisation.
- Establish and track project plans, communicating schedules and milestones while managing risks, cost, and resources to meet strategic targets and goals.
- Develop and implement change management strategies and plans to drive adoption and ensure changes ‘stick’ within the organization; regularly communicate on project objectives & progress to ensure appropriate buy-in, visibility and messaging to stakeholders.
- Partner with executive sponsors to provide thought leadership to lead the development of project scope and objectives, make difficult trade-off decisions and resolve risks.
- Provide program management leadership, best practices, and mentorship to Operations colleagues and workstream leads to ensure execution of defined outcomes.
- Integrate into Alexion Operations Integrated Business Planning process and provide regular project status updates on the progress of key transformational work to both the teams and to executives, crafting the message as necessary for the specific audience needs and driving decisions through the appropriate governance bodies .
- Regularly connect with other key stakeholders and project managers to identify cross-functional dependencies, economies of scale and lessons learned.
- Support the Alexion Operations PMO in enhancing overall project and program management capabilities.
- Continuously articulate and drive the implementation of the AO OPEX framework and standards.
You will need to have:
- 10+ years’ cross-functional experience in a Supply Chain environment and/or the Life Sciences / Biopharma / Life Sciences industry
- Proven ability to successfully lead large-scale, enterprise-wide projects.
- Business process management experience.
- Display strong cross-functional business acumen and an adaptable, collaborative approach to business challenges.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and work in a dynamic, results-oriented environment.
- Strategic & critical thinking skills
- Excellent interpersonal, influence and communication skills
- Change management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to create strong networks, work in a matrixed environment, and engage with multiple stakeholders to achieve a desired business outcome.
We prefer for you to have:
- Diploma or higher in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, or Operations.
- Strong Supply Chain experience
- Certified to Black/Green belt level or relevant Lean Qualification
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.