Senior Training Specialist - Coppell, TX - Operations
At AstraZeneca, we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
Welcome to Coppell, Texas, providing a collaborative environment where everyone feels comfortable and able to be themselves is at the core of AstraZeneca’s priorities, it’s important to us that you bring your full self to work every day. The Lokelma Supply Site (LSS) has recently remodeled office space to provide a pleasant office environment to support varying work styles and collaboration needs. LSS has an on-site cafe with a selection of snacks and refrigerated grab and go items for purchase. Additionally, the site offers a food delivery service, allowing employees to purchase food from a variety of local restaurants to be delivered to the site, which currently includes a discounted price for LSS employees.
The Senior Training Specialist will develop, design, coordinate, lead and conduct training programs for the entire Lokelma Supply Site. They will assess and ensure training effectiveness & consistency between multiple pharmaceutical operations crews.
What you’ll do:
- Design training materials to optimally teach operations, engineering, chemical, and equipment concepts related to activities performed and coordinate and execute training for the various manufacturing shifts and operations personnel.
- Choose the most appropriate training method to ensure training effectiveness (e.g., on the job training, classroom training, simulations, mentoring, personal development, etc.) and conduct knowledge gap assessments and develop a training plan to fill those gaps.
- Follow up and ensure training records are up-to-date and that all ongoing and periodic training is performed.
- Follow all requirements according to good documentation practices (GDP) as mandated and described in ICH Q7A for an active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) FDA regulated environment.
- Builds the network of internal trainers and organizes regular train-the-trainer sessions.
- Fulfill role of Business Process Owner (BPO) for the site’s Learning & Development process, to achieve continuous improvement in process maturity.
- Lead the New Hire Orientation and Onboarding processes to ensure the fast, effective integration of all new hires and smooth transition of internal transfers & promotions.
- Ensure effective, site-wide deployment of the Lean Capability Framework (LCF).
Essential for the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, communication, training, education, sciences or other business related degree.
- Proven work experience in developing, coordinating and performing training in a manufacturing setting.
- Proven ability to complete full training lifecycle: assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, train, monitor and evaluate training effectiveness.
- Experienced in the use of Learning Management Systems / databases, MS Office proficiency and strong communication skills
Desirable for the role:
- Experience in a pharmaceutical or FDA regulated company preferred.
- Experience in the chemical processing sector preferred.
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial -finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.