Business Analyst - Operations IT
Business Analyst – Operations IT – Coppell, Texas
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality.
The Business Analyst performs business analysis and design either alone delivering small to medium size business change activities; or as a member or lead of a BA team in a large or global business change. The Business Analyst operates with a high level of interactive communication, demonstrating high levels of inclusion and cultural sensitivity.
The role will partner with the Business Relationship Manager, taking responsibility to deliver high quality business cases, business process designs and ensure that proposed solutions meet established AstraZeneca quality and compliance standards and business solution needs.
The Business Analyst will share best practices in relevant communities of practice, contributing to internal IT processes and standards for business analysis and design.
The Business Analyst is expected to perform at Advanced level in the following:
- Business Needs Identification – Operates at a functional level in assessing and defining business need and areas for improvement. Proactively seeks out opportunities to enhance and improve in line with strategic goals. Actively monitors and identifies capability gaps and proposes potential solutions through research internally and externally.
- Business Analysis Planning – Selects the appropriate analysis approach to a piece of work depending on its complexity, level of risk, known assumptions, constraints and dependencies. Proficient in scoping and recommending appropriate approaches. Capable of planning and managing their own and other team member’s activities to meet deliverables and deadlines. Accountable for performance and quality of analytical work delivered, both their own and the work of others.
- Stakeholder Analysis & Change – Effectively identifies stakeholders from all areas of the business, and actively builds and maintains relationships according to individual stakeholder needs and levels of influence. Contributes to communication plans and change management for project and stakeholders.
- Requirements Analysis and Design Definition – Responsible and accountable for requirements management plans including elicitation, approvals, processes, RAID and scope impacts. Highly responsive to changing business priorities with ability to plan ahead, accounting for potential changes and corrective actions. Advanced requirements elicitation and management skill-set; including traceability, testing and validation. Leads the work with the business to identify functional and technical requirements, translating the requirements into design specifications reflecting Functional Design, User Interface Design and Business Process Design. Closely partnering with the Architecture team, ensuring the technical solution will deliver the agreed business benefits.
- Business Case Definition – Shapes and defines the business case, producing detailed business justification for investment including ROI and benefits realization.
- Solution Evaluation – Highly proficient in analyzing and assessing solution proposals and able to articulate supporting reasoning. i.e. assessing business readiness, maximizing value vs. spend.
Work collaboratively with, or take responsibility for:
- Business Stakeholders to ensure that solutions fulfill their future strategic needs and challenges
- Business Relationship Managers to develop and maintain the business relationship, support business process change and act as point of contact for application development
- Business customers to identify business requirements and effectively communicate impact, cost and benefits of new and changed demands
- Process owners to identify and devise solutions that optimize business process performance, capability and competitiveness
- IT Architecture, Delivery and Support to ensure clear understanding of requirements and effective testing so that the solutions delivered to the business are efficient and effective, meeting the customer experience expectations.
- Test Lead to define the testing approach and the components of testing to ensure traceability of requirements and effectiveness of overall solution.
- Change Management/Communication Lead to ensure the Change Management and Communications plans and delivery support the Stakeholder Analysis.
Education, Qualifications, and Experience
- Strong knowledge of bio-pharma industry and experience working in a regulated environment
- Proven experience of successfully deploying a variety of business analysis tools/techniques to enable business change
- Proven experience of working with complex integrated systems, using creative and strategic thinking to deliver exceptional results
- Strong engagement, communication and stakeholder management skills, including excellent presentation and influencing skills
- Experience of virtual collaboration to lead, shape and develop innovative solutions
- Experience working in a global organization with complex/geographical context
- Experience of mentoring, coaching or developing others
- Specific technology experience preferred in the following:
- Quality Control Lab Environment systems, including LIMS and Empower
- SAP SCMQ, PM, WM, OTC and/or PI.
- Werum PAS-X, OSI PI, Industrial automation, process control, SCADA.
- Lean training and experience
- Practical usage of Agile Methodology
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.