Strategic Customer Engagement Lead
At AstraZeneca we win through science, it’s at the heart of our every success. That science is only possible when we all work together – we’ll always make sure you’re clear about how your role is connected to our wider mission to really show what science can do.
This individual will be responsible for a 360 Market Access Strategy for AZ product portfolio. She or he will leverage their Payer / VBM experience to help identify future above brand payer access insights, trends and marketplace initiatives that can be leveraged / acted by AZ. This individual will have a strong command of the current market access landscape [short term trends] so he / she can look to build future market access payer scenarios [long term trends] and the potential implications for AZ.
Further, he or she will collaborate with V&A teams to support the development of Innovative price solutions to support strategic brands and above brand market access frameworks & models [such as alternate contracting approaches], as well as tackle solutions to potential implementation challenges. Enhances Value added solutions (beyond the pill projects) approach to differentiate product value proposition, leading the conversation from price to Value. Leads teh early access strategy. Responsible for providing payer perspectives to brand teams in order to ensure customer and market view of brand strategy is represented. Works closely with Marketing, Sales, Medical,Regulatory, HEOR, Pricing, V&A, Market Acesss field positions and Legal to accelerate market access for AZ products.
- Monitor and assess the Spanish healthcare environment to identify trends and policy changes that may impact the pharma industry and/or company’s current and future pipeline, including but not limited to changes in commercial reimbursement changes,, new payment models, innovative pricing strategies.
- Conducting a periodic environmental scan of the Payer and Policy environment as it relates to the deployment of innovative value solutions across the AZ product portfolio.
- Working with the appropriate stakeholders, drive the development of an annual long-range scan (2-4 years) with quarterly or semi-annual updates to regularly communicate with the broader organization, especially with the Value & Access, National & Regional Account Teams.
- Work collaboratively with various internal stakeholders such as Value & Access, HEOR & Pricing, Commercial, Global Market Access, Policy, Government Affairs to identify to identify rich market insights across patients, providers, and payers to inform comprehensive market access strategies and aligned messaging across different stakeholders.
- Partners with Value Strategy Team to develop effective contracting strategy and payer communication tools that achieve access and contribution goals Serves as liaison between Market Access and the brand teams on brand-relevant programs/tactics geared toward payers.
- Leads Innovative Market Access Strategic Solutions for new product/ indications launches, supporting P&R negotiations at national level as well as access negotiation at regional & Hospital levels.
- This role will be responsible for the development of innovative strategic solutions for our current and pipeline assets, supporting access fields positions.
- Apply insights and feedback related to payer needs by supporting the development of strategy and execution of specific tactics that directly target those needs.
- Develops disease related patient care pathways, in order to identify new opportunities for services and programs to enhance product value proposition.
- Leads the mapping of the external environment through identification and analysis of stakeholders with potential interest on the societal footprint of the pharmaceutical industry beyond traditional healthcare and market-access stakeholder groups.
- Design an outreach strategy to build successful partnerships leveraging AZ societal impact and footprint in all relevant disease areas for AZ
- Responsible for early access strategy from phase II to Phase III, focusing on relevant feedback for global Market Access to ensure that all relevants aspects for Spain is taking into account in the Global product strategy & positioning elaboration.
- Leads the Therapeutic Positioning Reports (IPT) Strategy and action plan implementation aligned with Market Access Field positions, Medical and HEOR departments to optimize AZ produtcs Value perception.
- Ensure talent identification and talent management, and identifying resource/capability needs
- The role requires ability to ensure internal alignment and to work in a highly matrixed environment.
- Ensure that all activities related to the role and the unit comply with applicable external and internal regulations (policies, procedures, standards, guidelines, and Code of Conduct).
- Academic background in science, medicine or health economics.
- Excellent understanding of the NHS environment and pharmaceutical sector landscape.
- At least 5 years’ experience in Government Affairs, Market Access, Health Technology Assessment, Health Economics and Pricing.
- High level of English: C1.
- Excellent understanding of the relationships in the health care market and environment.
- A Leader and demonstrated management of large areas (more than 2 years).
- In depth understanding of science.
- Postgraduate qualification in health economics or life sciences.
- Knowledge and experience in AZ strategic therapy areas (currently cardiovascular, respiratory, immunology, vaccines, inflamation and oncology).
- Spain Leadership Team
- Project Management function within AstraZeneca
- Cross functional Project teams
- Marketing, Finance, Medical Affairs
- Commercial Excellence.
- NHS Spain.
- Other institutions, external professionals and KOLs.
- Self-knowledge and motivation for self-reflection
- Self-motivation and development orientation
- Interpersonal effectiveness: organization and planning
- Performance management
- Partner development
- Transversal leadership
- Team Coaching
- Effective communication.
- Impact and influence
- Putting the patient first
- Be an example of the values of AZ
- Defining winning brand strategies
- Customer segmentation
- Enterprise Vision Planning and Business Management
- Excellent implementation
- Alignment with the BU and Marketing strategy
- Project Management
- Knowledge of the environment and customers
- Compliance Standards, Policies and Procedures
- Pathology, Science, Therapeutic Area, Product, Competitors
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.