Job Title: Senior Consultant
Location: TRIL GTC
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
Department – Data Engineering, R&D IT
R&D IT is a global IT capability supporting Drug Research, Drug Development, Product & Portfolio Strategy, Medical Affairs, Finance, HR, Compliance, Legal and Global Business Services. We are organized around 7 key capability areas: Business Partnering, Solution Delivery, Architecture, Application Support, Data & Analytics, Change & Operations, operating out of sites across the US, UK, Sweden, India and Mexico.
The Data & Analytics team provides technical support to analytics and data insight services and solutions critical to the Data & AI/ML emerging strategy and mission of R&D IT and AZ. Data & Analytics is organized into teams specializing in Information Architecture, Data Engineering, Visual Engineering, Knowledge Management, Data Science, Data Analysis and Information Governance.
The Data Catalogue engineer will be responsible for design, development, configuration and supporting the Collibra platform. He will play a key role in Setting up, configuring and managing Data Governance Center.
The Data Catalogue engineer as part of DataOps team will work in an agile way with on-shore Data Catalogue lead, Metadata lead, development teams, including the on-shore BI engineers and analysts, business sponsors and solution architects to support the platform within R&D IT.
The role will be an integral and respected part of the data engineering team, whose input and expertise will be instrumental in ensuring the success of Data Catalogue delivery.
- Works with BAs and stakeholders to help clarify requirements and use cases to get them ready for execution.
- Helps develop AZ Collibra cookbook and best practice guidance.
- Designs, implements, deploys and configures custom and out of the box Collibra workflows to meet use cases and requirements.
- Implements custom forms associated with custom workflows
- Implements any data-driven logic associated with custom workflows, e.g. checking user access request against metadata attributes held in Collibra.
- Set up users, roles, groups in Collibra to ensure custom workflows have desired effect with users of the tool.
- Implements single sign-on for Collibra using SAML protocol.
- Implements data integrations with Collibra, using both Collibra catalogue capability and Collibra Connect to ingest data from AZ repositories, including AWS S3 and ER Studio.
- Packages Collibra releases for promotion through environments.
- Developing and maintaining procedures for system maintenance (including upgrade, backup and restore).
- Meeting SLA for incident resolution.
Highly Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- 5+ Years of Experience in Design, Deployment and Administration of Collibra implementations.
- Experience in Life cycle management activities like upgrade of server to newer versions.
- B.Tech/ M.Tech/MSc in Computer Science.
- A strong understanding of databases and source systems.
- Experience developing complex custom Collibra workflows and forms.
- Experience developing data integrations with Collibra using Mulesoft.
- Experience implementing single sign on with Collibra.
- Experience packaging Collibra releases.
Additional skills and experience sought
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- Good written and verbal skills, fluent in English.
- Development skills: Java, web development (HTML, CSS, XML, APIs (REST), JSON)
- ETL experience: Talend
- Integration experience: Mulesoft, Java, JSON, Groovy, DB Skills, Integration experience a plus, etc. XML, SOAP, WSDL, XSD, REST.
- Test Driven Development, Cloud based application development
- Unix/Linux/Windows, Cloud/ AWS
- Full time to start (potentially moving to part time after go live)
- DataWeave, a JSON-like language to write, maintain and support complex mappings for any data type(for batch and real-time data integration)
- Experience of delivering solutions within IT projects delivered through Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Experience of working with a range of data architectures.
- Supporting a data centric application.
- Working with APIs (support or development).
- Working knowledge of the Pharma industry is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.