Senior Consultant - ModellingOps Data Engineer
Job Title: Senior Consultant - ModellingOps Data Engineer
Location: TRIL GTC
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. The Science & Enabling Units IT is AZ’s global IT capability function supporting key business areas operating out of sites across the US, UK, Sweden, India & Mexico.
We are looking for AI Ops consultant who will leverage tools & technology best practices to improve delivery performance & data engineering capabilities in the D&A space.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Significant experience with AWS cloud environments, working knowledge of Google and Azure platforms. Knowledge of Kubernetes, S3, EC2, Sagemaker, Athena, RDS and Glue is essential.
- Experience provisioning computational resources in a variety of Cloud environments using Infrastructure as Code.
- Experience with best practice of data transport and storage within cloud system.
- Experience building large scale data processing pipelines. e. g. Spark and SQL.
- Experience with containers and microservice architectures e.g. Kubernetes, Docker and serverless approaches.
- Excellent working knowledge in DevOps, using continuous integration and continuous development.
- Use of Data Science modelling tools e.g. R, Python, SAS and Data Science notebooks (e.g. Jupyter).
- Good written and verbal skills, fluent English
- Agile practices, especially being a SCRUM Master
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND: B.E/B.Tech/MCA
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.