Senior Consultant - Data Engineer (Python & PySpark)
Job Title: Senior Consultant - Data Engineer
Career Level - D1
Introduction to role:
Join us at AstraZeneca, a place that values innovation and impact. As a Senior Data Engineer in the Ignite team, you will be part of a group of engineers responsible for implementing services that connect to data sources, perform data minimization on data sets, and govern the rules used. You'll be working in a high-performing DevOps environment, collaborating with colleagues across IT and within Business Data teams to understand specific project requirements and provide tailored, complete solutions that fit their needs. You'll also collaborate with vendors to ensure you are extracting the best from the technology. This is your chance to leverage technology to impact patients and ultimately save lives!
In this role, you will take part in Agile ceremonies to estimate requirements and deliver tailored, complete solutions in a way that is operationally stable and sustainable. You'll coordinate change management activities to ensure no loss of service and commit to continuing your technical development. You'll follow best practices when deploying bespoke code or configuration, reducing rework, continually looking for optimization, and advocate and advance modern, agile development practices.
- Bsc/MSc/B.Tech/M.Tech degree in Computer Science or related quantitative or analytical field.
- 6 years or more of experience building and delivering software using the Python programming language.
- Experience in building multiple Data Pipelines using Python, PySpark.
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience working with PySpark and Glue.
- 3-5 years of demonstratable experience working with AWS or equivalent cloud.
- 2-3 years of experience working with Kubernetes and container-based applications.
- Experience working closely with clients and providing technical solutions.
- Experience working in an Agile team.
- Experience in working in a support environment or an understanding of ITIL framework.
- Experience working with internal security standards and frameworks.
- Experience leveraging DevOps to enable automation strategies.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience with Graph Database like neo4j.
- Experience in design and develop SQL/NOSQL databases like MONGODB/DynamoDB.
- Experience with data orchestration tools.
When we put unexpected teams in the same room, we unleash bold thinking with the power to inspire life-changing medicines. In-person working gives us the platform we need to connect, work at pace and challenge perceptions. That’s why we work, on average, a minimum of three days per week from the office. But that doesn't mean we’re not flexible. We balance the expectation of being in the office while respecting individual flexibility. Join us in our unique and ambitious world.
At AstraZeneca, we are more than just a global pharmaceutical company - we are one purpose-led team of innovators dedicated to improving the health of patients all over the world. Here, you will have the opportunity to make a tangible impact on our mission to push the boundaries of science and discover and develop life-changing medicines. Our work has a direct impact on patients, transforming our ability to develop life-changing medicines. We empower the business to perform at its peak and lead a new way of working, combining cutting-edge science with leading digital technology platforms and data.
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply today and join us in our mission to save lives!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.