Senior Consultant - Data Analysis
JOB TITLE: SENIOR CONSULTANT - DATA ANALYSIS
LOCATION:- GTC, CHENNAI
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. The Science & Enabling Units IT is AZ’s global IT capability function supporting key business areas operating out of sites across the US, UK, Sweden, India & Mexico.
We are looking for a passionate Data Analyst for AstraZeneca, a world leading Pharmaceutical company which operates in over 100 countries and is head quartered in the United Kingdom, who will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with business & IT partners to understand the business and data requirements.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and perform data profiling.
- Interpret data, analyze results and provide quick data analysis.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex datasets.
- Build bus matrices, proof of concepts, source mapping document and raw source data model.
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with Excel, databases (Redshift, Oracle etc.) and programming languages (Python, R). Ability to write SQL queries to perform data profiling, data analysis and present the insights to the business.
- Exposure to Datawarehousing and Data Modelling concepts.
- Strong Exposure to IT Project Lifecycle.
- Finance/Life Science Domain experience.
- BI Tool knowledge is an added advantage.
Any Bachelors/Master’s Degree from a reputed institution.
PREFERABLE INDUSTRY: IT
OVERALL YEARS OF RELEVANT EXPERIENCE: 6-8 Years
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.