Consultant - RDM Engineer – Smartlogic
Job Title: Consultant - RDM Engineer – Smartlogic
Career Level - C3
Introduction to role:
Are you ready to shape AstraZeneca's digital journey and make a significant impact? Join our IT team as a Consultant - RDM Engineer in Smartlogic and be part of accelerating AstraZeneca's growth through the power of data and technology.
We are looking for experienced Data Engineers to be part of a close-knit team delivering foundational data services to AstraZeneca’s enterprise reference data foundation. You will be working with our Release and Support Lead on tasks related to documenting technical processes, building data dashboards, and helping with any other data automation tasks needed to streamline the RDM processes. You would be working closely with our RDM Engineers to support them and help them with any reporting and data automation tasks. This could be loading data into the SmartLogic tool, testing newly defined processes, and documenting that technical process for technical documentation and user documentation. You will likely possess a blend of excellent engineering skills, communication, and documentation skills. We would like you to be a proactive member of the team and provide your expertise in any situation.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team or independently to deliver objectives.
- Willingness and ability to learn new techniques, tools, and languages.
- Demonstrate the capability to problem solve, look for solutions, and communicate these openly in a timely manner.
- Ability to deliver change in an existing team, e.g., influencing the adoption of Agile or other appropriate methodology where resistance is met.
- Experience in SmartLogic tool.
- Experience of working in agile teams using methodologies such as SCRUM, use of Jira and Confluence.
- Happy working in Waterfall or Agile delivery teams.
- Experience in any Taxonomy or Reference Data Management tool (e.g., SmartLogic, Centree)
- Working knowledge of knowledge graphs and SPARQL
- Keen data analysis skills with semantic and graph database experience.
- Working knowledge of SKOS and SHACL (W3C standard)
- Ability to tease out data issues when integrating semantic data to relational data
- Ability to and have experience reading code and create Technical Documentation for Support purposes
- Ability to establish and run Training sessions using Reference Data Management Tool
- A focus on business requirements is essential.
- Must have a positive can-do approach and work alongside peers who are like-minded that are constantly learning through customer outcomes.
- Prepared to adjust known methods to fit in with processes, customer requirements, and find new ways of doing things.
- Know when to take initiative, speak up, and are prepared to do so.
When we put unexpected teams in the same room, we unleash bold thinking with the power to inspire life-changing medicines. In-person working gives us the platform we need to connect, work at pace, and challenge perceptions. That’s why we work, on average, a minimum of three days per week from the office. But that doesn't mean we’re not flexible. We balance the expectation of being in the office while respecting individual flexibility. Join us in our unique and ambitious world.
At AstraZeneca, we are committed to transforming the digital and data capabilities of our business. By joining our diverse team of technical experts, you will have the opportunity to challenge the status quo, innovate, and break away from the norm to find bold new ways of approaching everyday tasks. Our supportive and inclusive environment empowers our team members to explore and express their ideas and views, continuously expanding their knowledge and developing novel roles. Together, we utilize our experience and expertise to help the core functions of AstraZeneca run better, ultimately impacting the lives of patients across the world.
Are you ready to make a difference and shape the future of AstraZeneca? Apply now and join our mission to create a better tomorrow!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.