Senior IT Business Relationship Manager – Data Science & Artificial Intelligence
Senior IT Business Relationship Manager
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being ambitious, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re passionate about the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we believe we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
Our Science and Enabling Units IT vision is to deliver the best science IT capabilities in bio-pharma, which we define as agile, responsive and fit-for-future. Our goal is to engage with our stakeholders as a strategic partner in delivering life-changing medicines to our patients. The desired effect of your role is to take accountability as a leader for delivering a ‘Best in Class’ IT experience for the Data Science functions within the AstraZeneca Oncology & Bio-pharma R&D organisations.
As the Senior IT Business Relationship Manager, you will develop strategic relationships within the Data Science organisations identifying ways for IT to partner with them in achieving and exceeding business objectives. You will drive the delivery of innovative business solutions to build maximum ambitious advantage. The role combines in-depth understanding of AstraZeneca, business area strategy and domain knowledge of the Data Science functions, and meaningful technical expertise to drive the generation of new innovative technology solutions and continuous value from existing solutions.
This role requires a hybrid set of technical, business domain, and leadership skills. You are encouraged to perform as a leader-doer with the ability to inspire and motivate an agile and diverse team of authorities in a complex matrix organisation. This role is a mix of leading a team and building a relationship of trust with our partners, anchored by good technical and domain expertise and continuous learning and development.
In your role, we see you accountable for;
- Designing and delivering on the long-term technology strategy/vision for the Bio-pharma R&D Data Science & AI organisation (DS&AI).
- Collaborating across all of R&D to drive innovation through Data Science & AI.
- Ensuring AZ is transforming R&D, accelerating the delivery of the most life changing medicines to patients
- Drive forward data science focused initiatives that advance scientific insights through utilisation of machine learning, knowledge graphs and natural language processing.
- Delivering a road-map and standing up platforms, programs and projects, in partnership with our customers, that provide Data Science teams the capabilities they need to ensure access to the right data at the right time, while ensuring security and compliance by default.
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- We need you to be an experienced influencer, with expert relationship and business partnering skills, with demonstrable experience reporting into a leadership team
- Experience in and knowledge of bio-pharma industry is highly desirable
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the application of data science in the R&D domain would be a significant advantage
- Substantial experience in leading and delivering business change through IT projects and delivering results.
- The ability to travel both domestically and internationally.
If you're interested by the above details, we welcome you to apply!
At AstraZeneca we’ll make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you. To do this, we’ve built an extraordinary international working environment with outstanding opportunities for collaboration and innovation. If you’re passionate about making a difference and ready to discover what you can do – join us.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.