Global Pricing & Market Access Director – Infection
LOCATION: CAMBRIDGE, UK / GAITHERSBURG, USA / GOTHENBURG, SWEDEN
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big, and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
The Global Pricing and Market Access Director, Infection is primarily responsible to deliver clear, customer-focused and regularly updated core global payer materials for our infectious diseases portfolio and early assets.
The role will represent Global Market Access and Pricing function on the relevant Global Product Teams (GPTs) and Global Brand Teams (GBT)s and will have to demonstrate outstanding insights, knowledge and influencing skills to be able to bring diverse opinions together and build and implement a strategy meeting the needs of multiple internal and external partners.
- Deliver credible, commercially viable payer and patient value messages and stories for key payer archetypes in strategic markets to guide development of evidence base
- Collaborate with strategic and key markets on the development and specification of the pricing and market access strategy, value story and supporting evidence base Champion the payer perspective and drive it into overall Infectious Diseases strategy
- Provide Pricing and Market Access leadership in development of early Infectious Diseases assets to ensure all relevant pricing and value issues are coordinated into TPPs, strategies and plans
- As required by the business, serve as the GMAP representative on GPTs, championing payer requirements and incorporating evidence needs within product development strategies
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS – EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduate / College degree in biomedical science, business, economics or political sciences/public policy (crucial)
- Understanding of the needs and expectations of national and regional payers, insurers, and commercial customers in our strategic markets
- Validated understanding and knowledge of the development process for new molecules to influence development strategies in order to meet the requirements of payers
- Knowledge of how different factors drive payer decision making at country level
- In-depth specialised knowledge of global payer archetypes and the application of non-trial methods (e.g. health economic and real-world evidence) to support the development and market access at an international level
- Pricing and access strategies, Forecasting
- Vaccines knowledge desirable
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a phenomenal Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what’s next?
- Are you already envisioning yourself joining?
- We can’t wait to hear from you!
- Are you ready to bring new insights and thinking to the table?
- We have one seat, and we hope it’s yours!
Where can I find out more?
OUR SOCIAL MEDIA, FOLLOW ASTRAZENECA ON LINKEDIN (https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/)
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/)
FOLLOW ASTRAZENECA ON INSTAGRAM (https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca/?hl=en)
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.