Gothenburg, Sweden or Warsaw, Poland or Gaithersburg, US
At AstraZeneca, we challenge the norm, and that means we expect our people to as well. In order to develop life-changing medicines, we approach problems in a different way –agile, nimble, and focused on what our people need to make ground-breaking discoveries.
The scope of Alliance Management is to define the outsourcing strategy across the R&D organisations; ensure our suppliers deliver to the needs of the organisations; and to develop strong, beneficial partnerships with key suppliers.
The role of the Alliance Lead is to manage one or more supplier(s) or outsourcing models within either the Full, Functional or Technology Alliance Management Groups. They will be responsible for ensuring the supplier(s) and / or model(s) are meeting the needs of the customers and ensure that selected partners deliver to contract and that strong relationships with the external suppliers are created and maintained.
You will be responsible for the alliance management of one or more suppliers / outsourcing models within R&D, establish and achieve aims and goals for the supplier and / or models, in alignment with Alliance Management Leadership and operational stakeholders. We expect you to ensure the maintenance and oversight of supplier / model, ensuring seamless execution, quality and timely delivery of relevant scope of work deliverables and manage operational governance of the supplier(s) / model(s) and participates in other governance as required. May include co-ordination and / or participation at executive level governance meetings. You will also define and monitor quality and performance of service deliverables in alignment with the project requirements.
- University degree in related discipline, or equivalent
- Strong experience from within the pharmaceutical industry or clinical research organization
- Good knowledge of clinical and pharmaceutical drug development process at various phases of development
- Knowledge of alliance governance frameworks and processes (including performance metrics)
- Knowledge of partner selection and qualification processes (e.g request for information/proposal, bid defence, operational due diligence)
- Experience of working successfully with external partners
- Experience working with senior-level stakeholders
- A high level of cultural sensitivity, interactive communication, negotiation and effective collaboration. This necessitates considerable tact, discretion and persuasion to obtain desired outcomes while maintaining ongoing professional relationships
- Ability to identify continuous improvement & innovation opportunities
- Technical understanding of service deliverables but without subject matter expertise (e.g. study management, data management, analysis and reporting)
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.