Key Account Manager (Jr./Sr.) Bucuresti/Brasov
Diverse Minds. Bold Disruptors. Meaningful Impact.
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies. It’s our patients that come first, every decision we make and action we take is centred around how we can better respond to their evolving needs, as well as those of healthcare professionals and partners. It’s why we are shaping patient care for the future, working along the whole experience to give hope to billions of lives across the world.
Building on a 50-year heritage in respiratory care, our ambition is to transform the treatment of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) by driving earlier, biology-led treatment, eliminating preventable asthma attacks, and removing COPD as a top-three leading cause of death. Underpinning chronic lung diseases is an altered immune system. AstraZeneca is following the science of common pathways and underlying disease drivers from respiratory disease into immunology-driven disease areas.
Whether in early years of your career (as Medical Representative) or already a seasoned professional (as Key Account Manager), this is the place to make a meaningful impact – on patients’ lives and your personal growth. It’s both rewarding and inspiring, and it’s what keeps us motivated every day.
What you’ll do
You will be responsible for generating clinical demand for Respiratory & Immunology medicines with healthcare professionals (HCP), pro-actively identifying opportunities, presenting value propositions, and recommending patient-centric solutions.
The long-term goal is to develop strategic and mutually beneficial relationships with the healthcare professionals (HCP) in general, Key External Experts (KEE) in particular, and potentially other stakeholders, based on a deep scientific understanding of the disease and therapeutic solutions, in order to identify the best opportunities for the assigned part of AZ's portfolio to deliver life-changing medicines to patients.
- Engage HCPs in dialogue to promote effectively the knowledge about AZ's medicines value proposition, benefits of approved indications, product efficacy / safety profiles and treatment protocols to support on-label prescribing for appropriate patients, using science-driven balanced messages and the appropriate mix of tools and channels – both face-to-face and digital;
- Establish and maintain long-term collaborative relationships with relevant HCPs and other stakeholders, keeping patients’ needs at the center of all conversations;
- Organize workshops and other educational events to facilitate knowledge sharing among relevant HCPs;
- Work with Field Force Manager and/or Franchise Manager to develop / implement a strategy and actions to meet promotional objectives in assigned area;
- Manage allocated budget in assigned territory;
- Share insights and information within AZ to strengthen brand positioning, promotional efforts, access to treatment etc.;
- Ensure AZ's products are optimally utilized in line with national/local guidelines and the product license;
- Demonstrate high standards of integrity by acting in accordance with AZ's Values and Code of Conduct and comply with all external regulations and internal policies.
- University degree is preferred, with a preference (but not limited to) Medical Sciences / Pharmacy / Medical Engineering / Chemistry / Biology etc.;
- Passion for science and committed to make a positive personal impact;
- Curiousness and learning agility;
- Strong ability, or potential to develop it, in engaging and influencing decision making among key stakeholders in complex clinical environments, e.g., mid and senior level specialty care professionals, key accounts in the medical community;
- Collaborative and inclusive: exercise anticipation and responsiveness to the needs of others; ability to modify own approach to different people;
- Advanced English.
So, what’s next?
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the
boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a
difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and
collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an
exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.