Renal Specialty Sales Specialist – Boise ID
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big, and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring new ideas to life. As a Renal Specialty Sales Specialist,Boise ID you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
AstraZeneca's strategy in CVRM (Cardiovascular Renal Metabolic) focuses on ways to reduce morbidity, mortality, and organ damage by addressing multiple risk factors across cardiovascular (CV) disease, diabetes and chronic kidney-disease indications. The patient-centric approach is reinforced by science-led life-cycle management programs and technologies, including early research into regenerative methods.
Our salesforce is our most significant resource to ensure our medicines benefit appropriate patients and has evolved to reach customers in new ways and bring greater value in the changing environment. In this role you will be expected to aggregate customer and market data and insights to effectively leverage and utilize multiple channels to drive total selling engagements, with customer impact to best serve patients.
At AstraZeneca, we are taking bold action on climate because we recognize the connection between healthy people and a healthy planet. As part of our flagship Ambition Zero Carbon program, we have committed to a fully electric vehicle (EV) fleet by the end of 2025, which means that all of our drivers will be assigned an EV.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and position AstraZeneca as a leader through development of long term relationships with key Nephrologists, Endocrinologists, other Diabetes specialty customers and targeted hospital accounts.
- Demonstrate superior product and disease state knowledge and effectively educate and engage healthcare professionals in dialogue about clinical evidence, approved indications, product efficacy and safety profiles to support on-label prescribing for appropriate patients.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of market, demographic, and managed care information relative to assigned sales territory.
- As needed, provide special education to healthcare providers through appropriate programs that fall within the ethical guidelines of AstraZeneca's ethical guidelines.
- Regularly use a wide variety of promotional resources, analytical tools to understand and evaluate the business in order to best determine the use of resource personnel to maximize effectiveness in assigned sales territory, based on local assessment of customer needs to accomplish sales objectives.
- Thinks strategically by leveraging insights to create a customer/account engagement plan, taking a dynamic and collaborative approach to maximize the business
- Work with your Regional Business Director and District Sales Manager to develop a local strategy and business plan to generate recognizable increases of sales in territory.
- Drive sales performance and ensure the sales forecasts and assigned budgets meet or exceed therapeutic and territory goals, while managing your budget.
- Ability to identify innovation opportunities to maximize business impact, adapt as needed, and implement; use of multiple tools/channels to engage a customer/account to drive performance
- Successfully complete all training requirements, including your product examinations. You will capitalize on formulary approvals and other opportunities through effective implementation of the Strategic Targeting Plan.
- Demonstrate learning agility, flexibility and ability to leverage feedback to learn, grow, and evolve for impact
- Partner and collaborate with other Renal Metabolic Specialty Sales Specialists to achieve common objectives and coordinated selling efforts.
- Provide timely and administrative management of work hours, sales data, customer objectives, communication responses, synchronization, sample and expense reporting.
- Work within the framework of AstraZeneca’s Company Values.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least two years of documented, full-time, successful pharmaceutical sales in Diabetes sales OR 3 yrs sales experience in scientific/clinical/healthcare environment OR demonstrated experience & knowledge within healthcare ecosystems
- Strong clinical skill, and sales ability
- A valid driver's license and safe driving record
- Internal candidate must be Career Ladder Level 2 and above
- Evidence of strong established relationships with local nephrology and endocrinology specialists
- Account management experience
- Understanding of the business drivers, dynamics, regulations and market access environment within the pharmaceutical industry; taking business ownership and accountability
- Skills at building and maintaining professional relationships with key customers, office staff and others in the customer influence network and use of multichannel approaches to reach the customer
- Strong business analytics to analyze data as well as develop, execute and adjust business plans
- Ability to work in matrix teams
- Demonstrated resiliency, innovation and growth mindset
- Experience working with Medical Information Scientists (MIS)
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and fuel your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. A culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
Are you already envisioning yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.