Franchise Lead – Biologics (Respiratory & Immunology)
Franchise Lead – Biologics (Respiratory & Immunology)
Serbia & Montenegro
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
We are now have an exciting opportunity for a Franchise Lead – Biologics(Respiratory & Immunology)
Reporting into the Business Unit Director Biopharmaceuticals, The Franchise Lead - Biologics will lead the development and implementation of the strategic and tactical plan for the Biologics franchise within Respiratory & Immunology TA in the local Marketing Company (MC).
As well as being accountable for the success (marketing and sales) of the Biologics franchise within Respiratory & Immunology TA in the local MC. You will lead the team of Brand Managers and Key Account Managers / Medical Representatives and drive innovation for the franchise throughout the lifecycle of the designated brands - supervising those brands’ success that truly delivers for patients, healthcare providers and AZ.
Main duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for leading, hiring, developing, ensuring performance and managing employment relationship of direct reports within the respective franchise, in line with the Global People Policy and Global Employment Standards and the Great Place to Work strategy.
- Shaping, developing and successfully implementing strategic and tactical commercial plans for the franchise- This includes business and strategy planning; Forecasting, market analysis and setting of pricing and reimbursement strategy during planning process as well as ensure that a deep understanding of the patient journey, the respective brand plans deliver crucial short-term growth and long-term brand success
- Owns the creation of innovative and highly effective strategic brand plans
- In conjunction with procurement and brand manager(s), sources and engages external agencies and suppliers to help improve the respective brands’ performance
- Leads all launches and line extensions within the franchise in line with the respective brand plans and brand operating plans
- Oversees the budget management for the brands within the franchise
- Leading Franchise Marketing - Uses this and marketplace insight to deliver effective and competitive strategic and tactical marketing plan(s) for the respective franchise. Ensures that strong external relationships within Respiratory & Immunology are built and maintained.
- Sales Management - Agrees and delivers upon growth, sales and operational metrics, measurements and targets for the franchise
- Works with Key Account Managers / Medical Representative on finding opportunities and prioritising accounts with strategic value to AstraZeneca, and on developing territory action plans / strategies for each account to meet the targets aligned with the franchise strategy, within the governmental and regulatory environment on national level
- Monitors implementation of business plans and sales performance by KAMs/MSRs in order to ensure profitability and KPIs as planned
- People Management - Develops and implements people plans needed to ensure franchise success as well as leads, coaches and develops Brand Manager(s) and Key Account Managers / Medical Representatives within the respective franchise, building a successful team
- Medical Education (Faculty of Medicine, Pharmacy or Stomatology)
- Strong Leadership skills & Strategic Mentality
- Proven Brand Strategy and Marketing Knowledge
- Good Planning and Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent Scientific Knowledge
- Ability to Develop Strategic Partnerships
- Initiative and Influencing
- Business Acumen
- Leadership Skills
- Proficiency in English & Serbian language
What we offer?
- Innovative place to work
- Great team
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Continuous growing possibilities
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognising their potential.
Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, groundbreaking and powerful methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
So, what’s next!
- Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
- Are you ready to bring new insights and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant!
Where can I find out more?
- Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn:
- Inclusion & Diversity:
- Career Site:
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.