Oncology Business Analyst
Would you like to apply your expertise to make an impact in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life-changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
At AstraZeneca, we believe in the potential of our people and you’ll develop beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve, no matter where you start with us.
Welcome to Basiglio (Milan), one of over 400 sites here at AstraZeneca. The site provides a collaborative environment where everyone feels comfortable and able to be themselves, which is at the core of AstraZeneca’s priorities.
In the last 15 years, AstraZeneca has built and strategically acquired one of the most promising Oncology pipelines in the industry. We are helping patients by redefining the cancer treatment paradigm in four main disease areas - breast, ovarian, lung and hematological cancers. Our approach is focused on using ground-breaking science to further our understanding of cancer and make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
As Oncology Business Analyst you'll have a key role in providing with impactful strategic recommendations. The role operates as a member of the Franchise cross-functional teams (Medical Affairs, Finance, Marketing, Sales and ICE teams) and answers to ad-hoc business questions by synthesizing relevant sources of information to create significant insight and implement practical solutions.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In the role of Oncology Business Analyst, you will provide data models, analyse of sales and market data and design data architecture to ensure that data is mapped and integrated effectively. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who is passionate about using their analytical skills combined with business acumen, to create positive outcomes for patients.
The role will comprise the following aspects:
- Guarantee forecast accuracy and deep understanding of the patient journey:
- Support the Franchise in building the patient journey, from HCP and Patient perspective, in order to identify the key decision makers of the therapy and the needs of the market, creating and managing tools, time series and patient-based forecast with up-to-date information
- Develop long-term (i.e. 10-year) strategic forecasts for pipeline and marketed products that incorporate disease epidemiology, evolving treatment paradigms, competitive products and global pricing and access dynamics, collaborating closely with Finance Dept
- Coordinate internal data collection from the field cross-functionally
- Guarantee advanced quantitative data analyses:
- Use data to analyze and evaluate, transform data and insights into business recommendations, communicate findings and recommendations to various audiences of all levels, in collaboration with Business Insights Team
- Develops true expertise in the understanding and interpretation of all potential data sets and converts this data into usable reports, dashboards, and customer engagement tools which incorporate multiple data sets for effective decision-making at all levels of the organisation, to drive competitive advantage
- Collaborate with commercial excellence to increase the sophistication and application of advanced analytics methods (including predictive modelling, machine learning, and scalable prototypes) to guide portfolio-level decisions efficiently
- Work collaboratively with cross functional teams and global insight to evaluate the market opportunities thorough assessment of data (ie. competitive landscape, market opportunity, HCP/KOL insights, and analogues) to advise the strategic plan and support brand operational
- Managing all activities and Account relationship according with Company Values, Code of Conduct, Guidelines/Internal procedures and Italian legislation
- Economic, Statistics or Scientific degree
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience in business intelligence/insight/market analysis /finance/marketing in a healthcare company or market research industry or Healthcare Consultancy
- Solid understanding of the pharmaceutical and healthcare industry and drivers of the therapeutic area of responsibility
- Business Insight and proven analytical skills
- Strong influencing skills to provide guidance to peers and seniors
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Proficiency in Italian
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. We’re opening new ways to work, pioneering ground-breaking methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application.
The recruitment team will evaluate your profile and review your CV to determine whether your skills and experience match the job profile.
Only shortlisted candidates matching the job profile will be contacted for an interview. If you are recently being involved into a recruitment process for a similar professional role within our Company, we will evaluate our previous feedback to arrange an interview.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.