AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
This section needs to be short and impactful, it needs to summaries AstraZeneca, the way we work, our culture, our values and our great place to work. You can find alternative messaging to use in the ‘Why Join AstraZeneca’ section of the Global Playbook on the Employer Brand Portal.
Job Description / Capsule
Considered an expert in Reward (C&B) Area. Responsible for developing, implementing and delivering Rewards Strategies - in partnership with the HRBPs, Global Reward COE and Business Leaders
- Work closely with the Regional Reward COE to develop Total Rewards (C&B) Strategy for the Market
- Define and drive Employee Benefit & Wellbeing Framework aligned to Local Market Total Reward Philosophy
- Ensure that Performance and Reward strategy aligns to the Global policies and practice
- Drive Performance Development & Reward Cycle for the Market
- Nurture a culture of Recognition to applaud and celebrate performance and behaviors aligned to AstraZeneca Values.
- Work closely Reward COE on evolving Market Organization design, New Roles, Job Evaluations, Fitment and Market Benchmarking.
Supports the effective and efficient governance of India compensation solutions and benefits programs
- Develop Country Total Reward Strategy aligned to country business & reward priorities.
- Drive market Governance for all Local & Global Reward policies & practices - Roll out and embed global reward policies, practices and processes, ensuring all local reward policies are compliant, or have an agreed exception due to local legislative requirements
- Lead day-to-day management of reward delivery.
- Define Job positioning and Job evaluation Framework aligned to Market Organization design and AZ Job Framework
- Define and Drive Local Benefit Framework aligned to Local Market Total Reward Philosophy - Design , Communicate and Manage
- Drive all Annual Compensation Review activities with regards to MRP and data configuration in workday from ASR perspective
- Governance of Merit / STI (Bonus) / LTI Budget & Reward Principles for the Market
- As part of the leadership team oversees global compensation and benefits standards and processes and the governance relating to these.
- Manages and maintains reward policies, ensuring adherence with regulatory, legal and best practice competitive approaches in markets under purview
- Managing third party providers to required procurement and policy standards.
- Acts as an expert resource providing advice on benefit & Wellbeing policy development, integration issues (e.g. mergers and acquisitions), contributing both within own area and providing advice across the wider HR community
- Reviews Wellbeing & benefits provision, monitoring cost and financial impact of provision and competitiveness of package to market. Projects future funding requirements and works with providers to maximum effectiveness of provision
- Responsible for managing in country budget for Rewards
- Responsible for Data & Analytics for the function and monitoring country Rewards / Benefits / Recognition Dashboard and metrices
- Leads the communication of reward decisions both within and outside the HR team
- Working across the HR function and business, aligns reward programme delivery with wider HR and business objectives, ensuring interventions are integrated in a consistent way that supports AZ’s organizational objectives
Supports the local implementation of any new globally defined compensation and benefits methodologies and/or processes, for example the annual pay review process, performance management system and benefit plan management.
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Proven R&I Expertise Uses broad reward expertise, coupled with internal and external insight to influence the evolution of the Reward Value Proposition, principles and policies.
- Ability to translate global principles into appropriate reward solutions for business area
- Ability to support the business in managing risk through application of knowledge of regulatory and legislative frameworks.
- Proven track record of leading change and shaping organization culture and practices
- A trusted partner who collaborates with internal/external key stakeholders to drive and anticipate future needs across Total Reward
- Understand complex business issues and use relevant reward insight to provide context for and implications of decisions
- Experience and understanding of Pharmaceutical and Technology Industry landscape
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
You can find alternative messaging to use in the ‘Global Talent Attraction Story messaging’ section of the Global Playbook on the Employer Brand Portal - try to use other examples in order to make it different for candidates!
So, what’s next?
- Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
- Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it’s yours.
- If you’re curious to know more then please reach out to (contact person) We welcome with your application, no later than (Month) (XX)
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
If you have site, country or departmental social media then feel free to switch any of the above links.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.