Rare Disease Partner Neurology
Location: Baar / Field based
Reports To: Solid line: Franchise Lead; dotted line: Sales Lead
The Rare Disease Partner (RDP) is a commercial, field-based, role focused on the development of partnerships and projects in main accounts within a designated therapeutic area. This newly created position will have a split between customer engagement/projects’ activities and marketing tactics execution.
RDPs lead cross functional account execution and opportunities identification including commercial education initiatives, speaker planning, congress strategy, and consulting opportunities. This role is expected to engage cross functionally to identify, plan and implement partnerships/solutions to complex business challenges/opportunities.
Key for this role is facilitation, design and implementation of meaningful collaborations and strategic engagements that drive advocacy and inspire trust between Alexion and external experts. This role will help shape Alpine strategic direction through a deep and differentiated understanding of our national experts and Account needs, ultimately improving the lives of patients.
External engagement Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain effective external network, establishing partnerships and alliances with key experts, important stakeholders, industry, and medical bodies to establish a current and future environment where Alexion products can succeed.
- Develop and execute Account Plans that will build advocacy and foster long term business relationships with external experts across commercialized therapeutic areas.
- Patient journey mapping for assigned indications leading to design and implementation of initiatives that bring value to accounts, experts, and patients.
- Strategically analyze opportunities within account/territory linking potential with execution focus
- Identifying barriers and implement solutions with external stakeholders that overcome diagnosis barriers to increase the efficiency of diagnosis of rare diseases patients.
- Keep up to date with all policy changes and Alexion’s position/key messages and incorporate into the Strategic Account Plans.
- Management of portfolio of projects for dedicated accounts and indications
- Achieve performance targets within the assigned therapeutic area.
- Gather and share insights from experts and work cross functionally to include these insights in the design of initiatives which form part of the disease plans and tactics.
- Management, attendance, and coordination of assigned congresses.
- Promotion activities for assigned products/indications and engagement with external experts and maintain stakeholder interactions within Alexion CRM.
- Support the marketing team in the development and execution of assigned marketing tactics.
- Creation of content for various channels in alignment with marketing team
- Minimum 4 years of experience in the Pharmaceutical Industry in marketing, market access, MSL or similar role
- Experience of engaging with external experts and brand management experience
- Strong project management and strategic thinking skills
- Fluent in German and English, French is a plus.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills with an aptitude for building strong client relationships.
- Experience in one or more of the following fields highly desirable: neurology, hematology, nephrology, oncology, rare disease
- Knowledge of medical products distribution process
- High level of ethics and integrity
- Ability to work remotely and travel within Switzerland
- Business or Scientific Degree
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.